Teledyne Relays (a business unit of Teledyne Reynolds, Inc.), is a manufacturer of Electromechanical Relays, Solid State Relays, Power Controllers, RF COAX Switches and RF switching systems. The primary manufacturing facilities are located in the United States, Taiwan and France. We are a vertically orientated manufacturing and design company with major operations in Southern California.
Teledyne Relays’ mission, vision, and value statements have never really changed in principle since 1963. Dedication to every employee and client’s success; Innovation that matters - for our company and for the world; Trust and personal responsibility in all relationships – Teledyne Relays is EveryWhereYouLook!
Teledyne Relays is currently seeking a dependable Shipping/Receiving Clerk 1 to its team.
- Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Determines method of shipment.
- Affixes shipping labels on packed cartons or stencils identifying shipping information on cartons.
- Assembles wooden or cardboard containers or selects preassembled containers.
- Inserts items into containers.
- Nails covers on wooden crates and binds containers with metal tape.
- Stamps, stencils, or glues identifying information and shipping instructions onto crates or containers.
- Posts weights and shipping charges, and affixes postage.
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- Routes items to departments.
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Operates tier lift truck or uses hand truck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage or work area.
High school diploma / general education degree (GED); and 2 – 4 years’ directly related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Oral/Written Communication – Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Records data; Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization’s goals and values.
- Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism – Approaches other in a tactful manner; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in a timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures including using Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required and wearing company issued badge when on company property; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and material properly.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
- Initiative – Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Must be able to lift heavy items such as boxes, etc. (25lbs)
- Physical Demands: Candidates will frequently sit and stand and walk, will use hands to handle or feel and carry items, reach with hands and arms. Candidate will frequently need to hear or listen or talk to ask questions or provide feedback.
- Work environment: Will work around quiet conditions, meter machines and packaging areas.
- Candidate must be a US Person.
NOTE: Relocation is not offered for this position listed above.
Teledyne Relays, a business unit of Teledyne Defense Electronics, LLC may, at its discretion, modify or add further duties not currently listed in this general job description.
How to Apply:
External qualified applicants apply directly at the Teledyne Career Center at http://teledynecareers.com. Refer to location: Hawthorne, CA.
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, protected Veteran Status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. EEO is the law.
Teledyne participates in the E-verify program and upholds the Pay Transparency Policy.
If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call (323) 777-0077. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
In our efforts to maintain a safe and drug-free workplace, Teledyne Relays requires that candidates complete a satisfactory background check and pass a drug screen prior to employment.
Learn more about us. Visit us at www.teledynerelays.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color,religion,religious creed,gender,sexual orientation,gender identity,gender expression,transgender,pregnancy,marital status,national origin,ancestry,citizenship status,age,disability,protected Veteran Status,genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal,state,or local law. If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment,please email email@example.com or call (855)479-1480. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.