Thompson Construction Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Thompson Construction Group, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
To read more about this, view the EEO is THE LAW poster.
Start Over with Job Search:
Returning Applicant? Login Now
|Shipping and Receiving Clerk|
|Division:||Thompson Maintenance Group|
| || |
|Responsible for handling Thompson’s distribution packaging, shipping and receiving items as well as loading and unloading merchandise for construction project execution. |
*SAP Experience preferred*
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- May operate heavy machinery and forklifts used to assist with the distribution process or load and unload materials by hand.
- Prepare all required documents related to shipping.
- Review orders, production schedules, and shipping/receiving notices to determine work sequence and material shipping dates, type, volume, and destinations.
- Execute the best practices for coordinating the flow of goods and logistics information across all internal teams, departments and customers.
- Invoicing of equipment shipped and all associated cost.
- Maintain strong vendor and customer relations.
- Ensure shipments are in compliance with all safety and environmental rules and regulations and company policies.
- Prepare, comply, and submit reports on work activities, operations, production, and work related accidents.
- Inspect or test materials, stock, vehicles, equipment, and facilities to locate defects, meet maintenance or production specifications, and verify safety standards.
- Confer with customers, supervisors, contractors, and other personnel to exchange information and resolve problems.
- Examine, measure and weigh cargo or materials to determine specific handling requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Minimum 2-3 years of logistics experience
- Must possess the endurance and strength needed to load and unload packages.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, climb, bend, twist, stand and reach repetitively, operate moving equipment and work in hot/cold/damp/cramped environments.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate clearly with supervisor/co-workers and understand direction from supervisor.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, organization skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office-Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Work well alone or as members of a team.
- Candidate may be required to pass a drug test and Criminal background check based on job location/requirements.
| || |