ProSidian is a Management and Operations Consulting Services Firm focusing on providing value to clients through tailored solutions based on industry leading practices. ProSidian services focus on the broad spectrum of Risk Management, Compliance, Business Process, IT Effectiveness, Energy & Sustainability, and Talent Management. We help forward thinking clients solve problems and improve operations.
Launched by former Big 4 Management Consultants; our multidisciplinary teams bring together the talents of nearly 190 professionals nationally to complete a wide variety of engagements for Private Companies, Fortune 1,000 Enterprises, and Government Agencies of all sizes. Our Services are deployed across the enterprise, target drivers of economic profit (growth, margin and efficiency), and are aligned at the intersections of assets, processes, policies and people delivering value.
ProSidian clients represent a broad spectrum of industries to include but are not limited to Energy, Manufacturing, Chemical, Retail, Healthcare, Telecommunications, Hospitality, Pharmaceuticals, Banking & Financial Services, Transportation, Federal and State Government Agencies. Learn More About ProSidian Consulting at www.ProSidian.com.
ProSidian Consulting has an immediate opportunity for a Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Warehouse Operations)] located in Charlotte, NC | POSTING TYPE: THIS IS A FULL-TIME W2 HIRE.
ProSidian Consulting is seeking an Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Warehouse Operations) with experience in the administration and management of a Warehouse with significant experience in shipping, receiving, ordering, picking, and other warehouse functions. The Specialist should have expertise in operating warehouse equipment.
As an experienced Warehouse and Logistics professional with ProSidian Consulting, you will be in an invigorating and challenging environment with high standards for work quality, professionalism, and teamwork. We hire only experienced professionals and foster an environment of cooperation and collaboration where everyone is at a high level. If this is you, and you meet the requirements below, we want you on our team.
The Shipping and Receiving Clerk handles the loading and unloading of material, inventory processes, shipping and receiving, daily material management, and compliance with safety and company polices. The ideal candidate will have hands-on warehouse experience. The Specialist shall report directly to the Program Manager, and will interact and collaborate with co-workers. Externally, the warehouse manager will be expected to communicate with suppliers, freight, and transportation companies.
The work shall be performed on-site at the Charlotte warehouse/office, with minimal travel required. Background checks are required for all employees. Competitive Salary and Benefits package available.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated and able to work in a team environment. Duties include, but are not limited to management of equipment, supplies, freight, inventory control, and all fulfillment operations (picking, packing, kitting, shipping, receiving, accountability, and record keeping).
He/she must be able to work effectively at all levels of the organization, be results oriented, have strong decision-making abilities, and a creative problem solver. Internally, the clerk will report directly to the Program Manager, and will interact and collaborate with co-workers. Externally, the warehouse manager will be expected to communicate with suppliers, freight, and transportation companies.
The candidate shall also be skilled in the management and flow of materials between the point of origin and the point of consumption in order to meet client requirements and strict deadlines and variable shipping constraints.
He/she will be responsible for all activities associated with a 10,000 square foot warehouse including, but are not limited to: management of equipment, supplies, freight, inventory control, and all fulfillment operations (picking, packing, kitting, shipping, receiving, accountability, and record keeping).
The logistics of physical items usually involves the integration of information flow, material handling, production, packaging, inventory, transportation, warehousing, and often security.
1. Shipping and receiving. Typical duties: receives and unloads freight both manually or with equipment such as pallet jacks; checks for damaged goods; verifies quantity and quality of order; verifies items received with purchase order; wraps, packages, and ships supplies; delivers and retrieves supplies to and from work or storage areas; tags and issues supplies; stocks shelves and rotates inventory.
2. Inventory maintenance and clerical. Typical duties: participates in physical inventories of warehouse and/or supply yard; maintains inventory records by adding or deleting supplies as they are shipped or received; operates a personal computer to access, enter, and correct information; provides information using customer service skills; may provide advice regarding supplies or property including price and availability; may prepare damage claims for supervisor's review and signature; may coordinate disposal of surplus property and manage records retention.
Job Requirements - Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Works within a computerized online system to manage inventory, shipping, and fulfillment processes
- Monitor order site to maintain accurate and on-time delivery schedules
- Fulfill all orders according to established procedure, best practices, and/or work instructions
- Manage existing, incoming, and outgoing inventory
- Optimizes warehouse workflows and space
- Performs kitting, bundling, and grouping of various marketing items and collateral materials
- Manages reporting requirements (receiving reports, damage reports, inventory reports, shipping issue log, etc.)
- Maintain inventory of packing and shipping supplies
- Audit inventory as required
- Maintains cleanliness of warehouse and warehouse office space
- Keeps work area clean and free from debris and hazards
- Works in accordance with general safety rules and practices
- Works with freight and shipping vendors to maximize cost efficiencies
Job Requirements - The clerk must:
- Be timely, organized, and dependable.
- Have time management skills and the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Have established communication, interpersonal, and listening skills
- Possess warehouse problem solving and analytical skills
- Possess the ability to perform basic math functions and calculations
- Be adept and comfortable working on the computer and in the internet realm
- Know how to pack multiple items securely, safely, and in an organized manner to ensure stringent delivery requirements are met
- Be Proficient or trainable in working with UPS and/or FEDEX systems
Job Requirements - Basic Qualifications To Accomplish Project Tasks:
- Good oral and written communication skills, reading/writing/grammar proficiency, good analytical ability, self motivated, experienced problem solver, and moderate stress tolerance are required.
- Familiar with inventory management techniques, a plus; transportation logistics, warehouse organization, planning and evaluation, must demonstrate mechanical/technical competence, also a plus.
- Must have experience in maintaining records, preparing shipments, accepting deliveries, preparing shipping documents and mailing labels and verifying accuracy of material requests, recording items removed from inventory and tracking material requests and filling orders.
- Individual may spend time in storage rooms, containers or outside on loading platforms, where exposed to the weather. However an Air Conditioned Office shall also be utilized along with a climate managed warehouse environment.
Job Requirements - Functional qualifications To Accomplish Project Tasks:
- Must be able to accurately establish and keep paper and electronic records concerning equipment, funds, shipping, supplies, and other record information in an online computerized inventory, shipping and fulfillment system.
- Must be able to sort, select, and group items and pack for shipment with adequate protection to reasonably assure safe and secure arrival overseas; must be familiar with material movement methods using manual or mechanized dollies, handtrucks, carts, forklifts (not required), pallet jacks, rolling ladders, Hand/Power Tools and trucks.
- Must be able to inspect items for defects, identify shortages or excesses to allow for adjustments with shippers or suppliers
- Must be able to efficiently and safely lift cartons of various sizes and shapes not to exceed approx. 50lb each, be capable of material handling to and from storage and assembly areas, loading docks, containers, delivery vehicles, and shipping vehicles
- Must be able to receive and sort materials and supplies and prepare them according to instructions for delivery to division, work or training areas and deployments.
- Must be able to research and compute freight weights and cube measurements to satisfy various shipping methods and documentation.
- Must be capable of maintaining an established automated tracking system for supplies including the identification of equipment. Must be capable of supporting and maintaining procurement analysis processes of an inventory management system.
- Must be capable of handling and using handheld scanners which may be used with computers to keep inventories up to date. Must be familiar with storage and retrieval of materials stored in bins, on floors, or on shelves.
Job Requirements - Other Requirements to Accomplish Project Tasks:
- Valid state issued drivers license
- Pre-employment drug test, criminal background check, motor vehicle record required
- Must be able to pass Government background and drug screening and NACI level security clearance screening.
- This job involves frequent standing, bending, walking, and stretching as well as lifting and moving of boxes.
Equipment Used - The shipping and receiving clerk must be comfortable using the following equipment:
- Pallet Jack, Rolling Ladder, and Hand/Power Tools
- Pallets and Pallet Wrapping and Securing Materials
- Cart and Dolly
- Dock Door and Lift Gate
- Hand Packaging Equipment, Tape Guns, Boxes, and Packing Materials
- Computer and Printing Equipment
Education and Experience:
- Experience managing shipping and order reports and order tracking.
- Experience and understanding of warehouse operations
- Experience with all aspects of warehouse workflow
- Experience with warehouse, packaging, and shipping equipment
- Minimum High school degree (where experience augments)
- Minimum of 1 year experience in warehouse operations
- 1 year in related warehouse experience is preferred. Equivalent combination of education and work experience is also considered.
- Must be able to effectively use computers with associated typing, filing, record keeping, and other clerical skills.
- A working knowledge and proficiency with MS Office of computer software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is required.
- Government Contract or Prior Military experience is a plus.
- Proficiency and Experience working within a web based order system and inventory management system.
- Teamwork ability to foster teamwork collaboratively as a participant, and effectively as a team leader
- Leadership ability to guide and lead colleagues on projects and initiatives
- Business Acumen understanding and insight into how organizations perform, including business processes, data, systems, and people
- Communication ability to effectively communicate to stakeholders of all levels orally and in writing
- Motivation persistent in pursuit of quality and optimal client and company solutions
- Agility ability to quickly understand and transition between different projects, concepts, initiatives, or work streams
- Judgment exercises prudence and insight in decision-making process while mindful of other stakeholders and long-term ramifications
- Organization ability to manage projects and activity, and prioritize tasks
------------ ------------ ------------
- Business Tools understanding and proficiency with business tools and technology, including Microsoft Office. The ideal candidate is advanced with Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word, and proficient with Adobe Acrobat, data analytic tools, and Visio with the ability to quickly learn other tools as necessary.
- Commitment - to work with smart, interesting people with diverse backgrounds to solve the biggest challenges across private, public and social sectors
- Curiosity the ideal candidate exhibits an inquisitive nature and the ability to question the status quo among a community of people they enjoy and teams that work well together
- Humility exhibits grace in success and failure while doing meaningful work where skills have impact and make a difference
- Willingness - to constantly learn, share, and grow and to view the world as their classroom
------------ ------------ ------------
BENEFITS AND HIGHLIGHTS
At ProSidian, we invest in our employees to help them stay healthy and achieve work-life balance. Our full time team members receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes Competitive Compensation, Group Health Insurance Health Benefits, 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan Contributions, Vacation and Paid Time off (PTO) Benefits, Pre-Tax Payment Programs, Purchasing Discounts & Savings Plans, a ProSidian Employee & Contractor Referral Bonus Program, Performance Incentives, etc. Our comprehensive benefits package includes a medical, dental and vision plan. Our growing list of benefits currently include the following for internships:
- Competitive Compensation: ProSidian provides an opportunity to gain college credit through requirements set and approved by your university as well as a stipend granted by ProSidian Consulting when all requirements for such are met at the termination of the internship. ProSidian will work with your university to meet any and all requirements which will allow you to achieve your goals in this position and obtain college credit transferable to your school.
- Purchasing Discounts & Savings Plans: We want you to achieve financial success. We offer a Purchasing Discounts & Savings Plan through The ProSidian Corporate Perks Benefit Program - Helping You Do More With Less: https://ProSidian.CorporatePerks.com. This provides special discounts for eligible employees on products and services you buy on a daily basis.
- Security Clearance: Due to the nature of our management and operations consulting engagements for Private Companies, Fortune 1,000 Enterprises, and Government Agencies of all sizes; oftentimes there are Security Clearance requirements for Engagement Teams handling sensitive Engagements in the Federal Marketplace. A Security Clearance is a valued asset in your professional portfolio and adds to your credentials based on past, present, and future work.
- Leverageable Experience and Thought Leadership: By collaborating with firm leadership, other members of the team, as well as Fellows and collaborating partners in what is a flat organization, you'll make valuable professional connections, interact with clients daily, gain leverageable Experience, and contribute to Thought Leadership while you build a basket of marketable experiences.
- ProSidian Employee & Contractor Referral Bonus Program: ProSidian Consulting will pay up to $5k for all referrals (payments made after new hire has been employed for 90 days) for candidates submitted through our Employee Referral Program.
- Performance Incentives: Due to the nature of our management and operations consulting engagements for Private Companies, Fortune 1,000 Enterprises, and Government Agencies of all sizes there are performance incentives associated with each new client that each employee works to pursue and support.
------------ ------------ ------------
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION -
See Below Instructions On The Best Way To Apply
- ProSidian Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- ProSidian Consulting has made a pledge to the Hiring Our Heroes Program of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation and the I Hire Military Initiative of The North Carolina Military Business Center (NCMBC) for the State of North Carolina. All applicants are encouraged to apply regardless of Veteran Status.
- Furthermore, we believe in "HONOR ABOVE ALL" - be successful while doing things with the right way. The pride comes out of the challenge; the reward is excellence in the work. FOR EASY APPLICATION USE OUR CAREER SITE LOCATED ON http://www.ProSidian.com/ OR SEND YOUR RESUMES, BIOS, AND SALARY EXPECTATION / RATES TO CAREERS @PROSIDIAN.COM. ONLY CANDIDATES WITH REQUIRED CRITERIA ARE CONSIDERED. Be sure to place the job reference code in the subject line of your email. Be sure to include your name, address, telephone number, total compensation package, employment history, and educational credentials.