This position uses some subject-matter knowledge and judgment to complete assignments consisting of numerous steps varying in nature and sequence. Typical duties include assisting in a wide variety of matters, maintaining a wide variety of shipping and receiving records (stored both manually and electronically), verifying statistical reports for accuracy and completeness, compiling information and handling and adjusting complaints. Candidate This is responsible for receiving of purchased goods and varifing the contents, size and quantity of goods received against shipping orders of all deliveries, Perishable Goods and Dangerous Goods (HAZMAT) items on behalf of PSC Logistic and Supply Division and the Office of Contracts.
- Processes and coordinates the International receipt of all Air Freight, Perishable Goods and Dangerous Goods (HAZMAT) items on behalf of PSC Logistic and Supply Division and the Office of Contracts.
- Unloads shipments of all official office and medical supplies, equipment and other property in prepraration for domestic and/or overseas posts including hazardous materials and perishable goods or other medical Freight.
- Compares information on requisitions, invoices and shipping notices to material received or issued to verify accuracy of order. Inspects, accepts or rejects material received.
- Solicits bids from Freight Forwarders and recommends the most cost and time efficient method of shipment.
- Repackages goods by industry standards for shipment via cold chain. Marks identifying information on materials.
- Tracks shipments and provides detailed information to support staff in a timely manner.
- Issues all shipping documents, authorizations and letters in support of the above activities. Prepares documents to appropriate offices, maintains all records of documents issued and shipments processed for overseas support.
- Compiles and maintains inventory of supplies needed for perishable shipments (cooler boxes, gel packs).
- Attends department staff meetings and participates in all activities/events of the Post Logistics and Supply Directorate.
- Responsible for fostering a positive team spirit and producing quality work.
- Responsible for appropriate conduct and/or demeanor as dictated by Didlake policy and procedure.
- Completes required paperwork and/or documentation.
- Completes and maintains all required Didlake trainings.