Position: Shipping & Receiving Clerk
Location: Fontana, CA
Premier Packaging provides innovative packaging solutions through a combination of curiosity, drive, and a culture that embraces an entrepreneurial spirit. We are responsive to our customers’ needs, responsible to one another and the environment, and improve our processes to deliver quality products. We ask ‘Why’ so we can deliver the ‘How’.
This position reports to the Shipping Supervisor. The tasks listed below describe the major responsibilities of the position but should not be considered conclusive. This position requires time management, space assessment skills, organization, abilities to multi-task, verbal and written communication skills, basic match, computer literacy, asset utilization skills, organizational product knowledge, customer base knowledge, and understanding of cross department functions.
- The Shipping/ Receiving Clerk has primary responsibility for receiving transferred and outsourced finished goods including both industrial and corrugated at the facilities main warehouse.
- The Shipping/ Receiving Clerk is responsible for receiving all units into ASI.
- Creates and physically places tags on to correct units.
- Confirms paperwork matches PO.
- Conducts routine document and data control activities.
- Posts bills of lading.
- Creates bills of lading for drop ships.
- Scans all proper forms to accounting.
- Correspondent for all inquiries and issues regarding received units or inventory.
- Receives small parcel deliveries and makes sure they are taken to the appropriate member of the organization
- Ensures daily cycle counting activities to confirm inventory on hand, and location match ASI system totals and post findings on a daily basis; targeted accuracy is to be better than 98%.
- Assists Inventory Supervisor with the conduct of physical inventories.
- Checks accuracy of pre-staged, daily out bound customer delivery for selected customers (e.g. Amazon)
- Trains forklift operators regarding use of ASI Sharpshooter and maintains operation of IPad used for this purpose.
- Maintains the stock of pallets and propane for main facility.
- Follows all work instructions, SOPs, policies, and procedures including but not limited to safety, quality, and job tasks.
- High School Diploma / GED required. Some college preferred
- 2-3 years of previous experience in an industrial environment / warehouse
- Ability to manage workload with various distractions
- Must have a high sense of urgency while managing multiple projects
- Candidate must have a general inquisitiveness, strong desire to learn, and high problem solving aptitude
- Strong organizational and project management skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills, excellent customer relation skills, and well-developed presentation skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
- Premier Packaging will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)