Shipping Receiving Clerk
Job ID: req482
Facility: Frederick: Ft Detrick
Location: PO Box B, Frederick, MD 21702 USA
The Frederick National Laboratory is dedicated to improving human health through discovery and innovation in the biomedical sciences, focusing on cancer, AIDS, and emerging infectious diseases.
Contracts and Acquisitions (C&A) provides all purchasing, subcontracting, receiving, warehousing, distribution, and transportation services for the Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research (FNL).
- Verifies materials received by visual inspection of material and comparison against packing slips and purchase order requests
- Verifies items to be shipped against requestors shipping documentation and ensures that shipments are properly packaged and identified with required shipping documentation
- Determines and reports discrepancies/damaged material to vendor, end-user and/or purchasing agent/buyer. Arranges for pick-up and credit/replacement of defective, incorrect or damaged material.
- Routes/Stages processed deliveries for various locations throughout the NCI at Frederick complex, including various off-site facilities
- Prepares and keeps accurate records for all goods received, distributed and shipped
- Arranges, stores and conducts inventory of bulk or large equipment orders in short term storage in warehouses
- Determines which customer should receive the items in the shipment
- Coordinates discrepancies and/or returns with Purchasing, Accounts Payable and/or the Vendor
- Monitors receiving activities to prevent the receipt of duplicate and/or over-shipment of items
- Ensures items are properly placed in staging area for delivery to the requestors including 'temperature sensitive' and bulk materials
- As determined by the program requirements, this position may be designated as a Primary Driver and will be responsible for complying with the Leidos Biomedical Use of Government Owned or Leased Vehicles Policy.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by a responsible authority
Effectively communicate both orally and in writing and maintain accurate logs and records through a variety of clerical skills, i.e. typing and filing. Work requires interface with personnel from all areas and levels of the Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research and NCI at Frederick network. General knowledge of systems utilized and program principles such as: individual work unit practices/procedures and basic computer skills for data entry and retrieval requirements.
- Possession of high school diploma or equivalent. Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency
- In addition to educational requirements, a minimum of one (1) year of related warehouse experience
- Must be qualified to operate Material Handling Equipment (forklift, hand and/or power trucks)
- Must become educated in and maintain certification for Hazardous Materials in Transportation (General Awareness training)
- Ability to maintain accurate files, logs, and records
- Good verbal, telephone, and customer relation skills
- Basic computer skills to include data entry
- Must have and maintain a valid State Driver's License with no more than 3 points as determined by the appropriate State Motor Vehicle Administration point system for offenses
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- Warehousing experience
Shipping/receiving experience; processing freight, logging, verifying incoming and outgoing
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) | Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) | Drug Free Workplace (DFW)