Join the industry leader in Measurement, Test, Inspection and Calibration! Transcat is experiencing an unprecedented growth in their service segment satisfying high growth markets in Aerospace, Pharmaceutical, Life Sciences and Chemical. Recognized in the industry for setting new standards in providing fast, high quality and accredited calibration services with laboratory locations across North America
Utilize your leadership skills to continue our growth by empowering lab personnel expand their calibration skills while developing lean processes and robust quality systems.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
· Compare identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records. Enters appropriate data in proper computer system
· Determines method of shipment that complies with established policies and procedures and customer specifications
· Coordinate with Freight Company for shipments too large for parcel pickup
· Affixes shipping labels on packed cartons or stencils identifying shipping information on cartons
· Assembles and/or selects reassembled containers
· Stamps, stencils, or glues identifying information and shipping instructions onto crates or containers
· Posts weights and shipping charges, and affixes postage
· Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, reports damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
· Distributes items to appropriate individual and/or area
· Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet customer requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Valid drivers license & clean driving record
· Must be detail oriented
Education and/or Experience:
Minimum of a high school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status