Job ID: 146014
Lawn & Garden, a Division of Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is one of the largest manufacturers of bagged and bulk decorative mulch, soil, stone, and limestone products in the nation with over 40 production facilities. We take pride in serving a diverse group of customers including independent garden centers, mass retailers, landscapers, contractors, and homeowners.
This position is responsible for the overall shipping/receiving function, including administrative tasks. Position may be required to support of other related departments/functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive and locate all incoming material from trucks and other sources into the ROI locations provided
- Oversee the loading and unloading of trucks
- Properly check in at time of receiving the goods and supplies
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure packaging meets specifications
- Properly crate BOL to ship trucks
- Help control inventory by following pick ticket rules and regulations
- Responsible for material transfer
- Deliver paperwork to inventory office in a timely manner after issues
- Responsible for customer order entry
- Compare identifying information and counts, weights, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify against bills of lading, invoices, orders or other records
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
- Print and assess any changes in Dispatch Reports that may need expediting
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
Requirements / Education / Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Physical requirements include extended walking, standing, squatting, climbing, and bending
- Ability to lift up to 65 lbs., working inside and outside, and use of fall protection equipment
- Ablility to perform job tasks in sometimes dusty, hot and/or cold working conditions
- Ability to perform sedentary work including prolonged sitting and repetitive use of fingers and hand for typing
- Available to work overtime as necessary
- May be required to work under stressful conditions
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Lawn & Garden, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.