The Shipping and Receiving Clerk is for coordinating the incoming and outgoing shipment of material. Prepares paperwork and material for shipment and reviews paperwork of incoming material.
Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision.
• Coordinates and schedules all outbound loads and coordinates with sales and production.
• Determines proper loading order and placement of product.
• Verifies shipping documents and records any discrepancies.
• Set up all loads to be shipped common carrier with outside freight companies.
• Coordinates routing of orders, and dispatches carrier with orders and appropriate delivery instructions consistent with customer receiving times.
• Ensures all internal/external paperwork meets all Universal as well as DOT regulations and procedures.
• Documents any shortage on orders, investigates reasons for occurrence and informs sales and admin of the shortage.
• Takes and acts upon all calls for tracing and/or expediting orders.
• Maintains proper documentation and records of incoming and outgoing shipments.
• May assists loading and unloading material from trucks or carts.
• Prepares various reports and correspondence as required.
• Performs other duties as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled