Global Supply Chain
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today!
We are currently seeking a Shipping and Receiving Coordinator1 in our Dulles, Virginia Manufacturing facility. This is an entry level position. Performs a combination of manual and clerical shipping and receiving duties; may work out of a central warehouse. Uses computer system for tracking, logging, verifying and reporting. Follows shipping practices and procedures, and transportation routing, schedules and requirements. Receives incoming materials or prepares materials for shipment. (Un)packs or (un)wraps items such as finished products, raw stock, assemblies, parts, building materials, office supplies, equipment, etc. Verifies quantity, weight, and conformance of materials to stated identifications; logs receipt of items on system, processes freight bills, packing sheets, and other documents; reports materials shipped and bills of lading; posts weight and shipping charges and routes merchandise to destinations.
The individual will receive daily inbound package and freight shipments from carriers including unloading and forklift operations as required.
• Un-package inbound shipments, prepare receipts in inventory control system, and route items to receiving inspection or stage for distribution.
• Process ready for stock transactions as required.
• Coordinate all off site warehouse storage and retrieval requests and transport/retrieve items from off-site warehouse upon request including warehouse inventory tracking system updates.
• Metrics/Data Collection/Stockroom Operations/5S
Compile stockroom metrics data to facilitate monthly reporting.
• Generate/distribute periodic limited life material listings to planning.
• Process ongoing monthly cycle counts.
• Compile 5S data to facilitate monthly reporting including 5S board maintenance and updates.
• Process all inventory transactions including ready for stocks, location transfers, reservations, kits, inter/intra program transfers, returns to stocks, incoming customer furnished materials, and etc.