As an Amphenol Industrial Operations (AEEC), the Shipping and Receiving Manager typically oversees a staff, as well as develops and/or helps enforce a company's policies for accurate intake of new shipments; this typically involves conducting inspections of arriving goods, noting their quantities, and ensuring they are stored properly. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced, high technology, manufacturing environment and works well in a matrix structure across all levels of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Closely supervise/monitor the productivity levels of the unit’s staff in order to make sure that goals/targets are reached
- Manage all important documents such as advanced shipping notice, pick slips, bills of lading etc.
- Ensure compliance to legal regulations and company policies
- Resolve all shipping-related issues that may arise in the company
- Draw up and monitor the shipping department’s yearly budget
- Control and direct the movement of packages from the preparation level to the delivery level
- Run checks on already packaged orders to make sure that the proper labels, bar codes, and batch numbers are placed on them
- Work in collaboration with other departmental managers to ensure a free-flowing process
- Use software to track, check, prioritize and route orders
- Must possess good leadership skills
- Must be someone that is able to multitask and carry out his/her duties based on priorities. The shipping manager must also be able to meet and/or beat deadlines
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a manufacturing, shipping, and distribution environment.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Must have computer proficiency and knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications.
Here at EEC we have built a team of skilled professionals to provide the best possible product and service to our customers. Our team contains specialists in many areas including Product Realization, Tool and Mold Making, Precision Machining (CAD/CAM), Production Planning, Electrical Harness and Component Assembly.
Amphenol offers a competitive salary and benefits. The candidate must be able to legally work in the United States; we are unable to provide sponsorship. Amphenol is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status.
If you are interested in this great opportunity and possess the skills and experience necessary, we are eager to hear from you.
Shipping / Receiving Clerk