Evans Distribution Systems is a respected and dependable provider of logistics services in the US. We were founded in 1929 on West Fort St. and 10th St. in downtown Detroit. We have grown and have a presence in most major markets in the Midwest. One of our founding principles is that people make the difference. We are looking for great, talented people to continue our growth and success.
Our Staffing Division has an opening for a experienced Shipping and Receiving Supervisor to oversee our customer's automotive parts warehouse. Our customer is a Tier 1 automotive supplier. Goods are received from overseas and manufactured at their facility in Troy, Michigan. The operation is close to the intersection of Coolidge Highway and West Maple Road.
Compensation is $18 per hour. Medical (BCBS or BCN), Dental and Optical benefits are available after 90 days of employment.
The shift is 7:00 am to 3:30 pm, Monday through Friday, with some after hours requirements.
- Check or count freight for accuracy and/or damage and infestation.
- Scan receipt of goods into warehouse management system.
- Confirm proper receipt of goods and issue a warehouse receipt to customer.
- Review records of cumulative goods shipped to assembly plant and calculate shipping requirements.
- Create Bills of Lading for shipments in the warehouse management system.
- Send ASN to assembly plant within required window.
- Confirm shipments in warehouse management system.
- Enter and confirm all corresponding transactions in the customer's warehouse management system.
- Conduct bi-monthly physical inventories.
- Operate a forklift, stand up or sit down unit as needed.
- Perform all duties in conformance with appropriate safety and security standards.
- Maintain the facility’s equipment and materials with integrity in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion
- Responsible for awareness and compliance with warehouse work rules and company policies
- High school degree/GED.
- 2 years experience in automotive shipping and receiving.
- Some experience operating a forklift.
- Above average ability in navigating various computer applications.
- Communicate via email.
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment testing (includes background check and drug test).
We only consider resumes that are submitted through our website: www.EVANSDIST.com/careers.aspx.
For more information please contact our HR Department at 313-827-9180