Position Title: Lead Shipping & Receiving Team Member
Location: Wixom MI
Reports To:Logistics Manager
Headquartered in Wixom Michigan, Glass & Mirror Craft is the industry leader of Custom Engineered Glass & Architectural Systems. For over 50 years, our craftsmen have been consistently delivering the highest level of quality by doing what they do best – applying their skill, drive,and commitment to create glassand metal products that turns heads – yeah, we do some pretty cool stuff. Our Team Members are the heart and soul of our company, and our ability to make great things out of glass, mirrors, and metal is one of our greatest competitive advantages. Do you have the drive, innovation, curiosity, and desire to contribute to something Great?
Our Shipping & Receiving Team Members are a critical link in delivering our products to our customers error free and on time. You will be responsible for using your judgement in designing and creating shipping packages that will ensure our glass and mirror products arrive to our customers safely. You will work with the Shipping Manager, Project Managers, and Crating to prepare and ship our products on time. You will assist the Shipping Manager with daily tasks such as keeping the dock and staging areas clean and organized.
Description of the work:
- Review weekly job board and ship according to the plan.
- Communicate and update coworkers and managers on job progress daily.
- Build and load crates for projects and assist when needed.
- Pull, compile, and rack bulk outbound glass for our customers.
- Act as a quality check for all products shipped to the customers.
- Sort glass on dock and keep racks organized.
- Load and unload trucks and assist in securing loads.
- Prep, scan, and load racks for Engineered Job Site Deliveries and shipments.
- Sort, prep, inventory, and load pallets of Engineered Hardware for project shipments.
- High School degree or equivalent
- Ability to use wood working tools and fabricate shipping racks and containers
- Detailed oriented, and able to keep workshop organized and clean.
- Strong desire to work with a team of professionals.
- To be able to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Able to work any shift.
- Daily and weekend overtime will be necessary at times.
- Know how to use a measuring tape
Why Choose Glass and Mirror Craft?
Our mission at Glass and Mirror Craft is to produce and deliver the highest quality glass and metal products that keeps our customers coming back. We intend to remain the industry leader, and our customers’ satisfaction means the world to us. We do this by providing a safe working environment that attracts, develops, and encourages craftsmen/team members. We promise that will work hard with you to create an environment that makes you better occupationally, financially, emotionally, and physically. We partner with our craftsmen and work to provide a career that is free from hate, biases, prejudices, politics, and mistrust.