IMI Precision Engineering is a world leader in motion and fluid control technologies. Wherever precision, speed and engineering reliability are essential, we deliver exceptional solutions which improve the productivity and efficiency of our customers’ equipment.
Part of IMI plc, we have a sales and service network in 75 countries, as well as manufacturing capability in the USA, Germany, China, UK, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Mexico and Brazil. We support this with our global centers of technical excellence, and facilities for CFD design and R&D testing.
As part of a Global organization we offer state of the art technology and learning opportunities while still having a small company feel. We specialize in providing innovative engineering services, custom design and manufacturing solutions to our customers and are looking for a Customer Service Lead to join our growing team. We offer full benefits and put a focus on developing our employees.
We are an EEO Employer
Primary responsibilities are to perform tasks associated with material movements and packaging within the organization. This will include shipping/ receiving and all aspects of preparing product for its final destination.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Follows all safety guidelines including utilization of proper PPE.
- Ensure small parcel, air shipment, or ground carrier requirements are met, allowing for timely delivery of domestic customer orders.
- Assure the most efficient and cost-effective means of shipments are utilized to minimize freight expenses for the customer.
- Demonstrates positive relations and teamwork as established in the IMI Way and Leadership Blueprint within the organization.
- Keeps work area clean and organized to insure safety, environmental compliance and efficient operations.
- Models positive relations and teamwork within the organization.
- Ensure accurate weights for shipments are identified to prevent possible delays of customer orders.
- Ensure proper packaging material and adequate carton sealing is maintained to minimize damage to customer parts or products.
- Performs “kitting”, picking and packaging processes as required.
- Verify correctness of shipments against bills of lading, invoices etc.
- Properly process goods and materials received according to company requirements
- Route/ assign goods and materials to proper departments/locations
- Prioritize workloads to insure timely delivery of customer orders, while maximizing productivity.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High school Diploma.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- 2+ year of previous shipping experience in manufacturing setting
Computers and Technology
To perform this job successfully, an individual needs to have intermediate computer knowledge.