Are you looking for a satisfying career in which you can take pride in knowing that the quality of your work provides the building blocks for the success of the company?
Huttig is national distributor of building materials with a 133 year-old proud history of building America! We are looking for a competent professional to join our teamShipping Supervisor- 2nd shift. We offer competitive salary with annual pay reviews, affordable high-quality healthcare, company paid Holidays and vacation, 401(k) retirement savings plan and career advancement opportunities.
What are you waiting for? Join the Huttig Team and be a part of building the American Dream.
Huttig maintains an alcohol and drug free workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Bilingual candidates, veterans and women are encouraged to apply!
Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments. Assists in the preparation of products for shipment. Duties include assembling, addressing, stamping and shipping products or materials; receiving, unpacking, verifying and recording incoming or outgoing shipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Examines contents and compares records, such as invoices, orders to ensure accuracy of incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Prepares documents for materials, using knowledge of shipping procedures, routes and rates.
- Confers with General Managers or Operations Managers to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, and nonconformance to specifications.
- Pack, seal, label, and affix postage to prepare materials for shipping, using work devices such as a hand tools, power tools, and postage meter.
- Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, and damage and discrepancies, for reporting, accounting and record keeping purposes.
- Computes amounts, such as space availability, shipping, storage, and demurrage charges, using calculator or price list.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED. One to two years experience in building products industry a plus
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence; effectively present information in one-on-one or small group situations.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to perform these operations using weight measurements, volume, and distance.
- Might require forklift certification, depending upon branch requirements.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to understand branch and industry standards in identification, measurement, repairs, replacements, and modification of products.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS ' The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move 10 or more pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT ' The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet, but time spent in the production shop and warehouse requires the wearing of safety equipment such as safety glasses, earplugs and safety shoes etc.