Supervises shipping, driver and warehouse area operations to assure efficiency, quality, and cost effectiveness with the best use of resources and promoting a high level of safety and environment performance to meet all customer and plant requirements and schedules.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct order fulfillment and shipping department team (5-10 associates) and functions in support of production and external customers.
- Work closely with contract and employee drivers to deliver the highest possible level of service to our customers.
- Ensures safe and reliable vehicles are available to meet operational requirements
- Monitors drivers ensuring that drivers do not exceed limits established by regulatory agencies
- Work with Logistics Manager to streamline routes with drivers or carriers to keep costs down.
- Coordinates timely order pulling, packing, staging and shipment preparation as per schedule and priority.
- Assigns work, allocates resources (people and equipment), monitors individual and team progress, to ensure meeting or exceeding site on-time-delivery expectations.
- Spends significant time on warehouse floor, monitoring individual performance, progress on the day’s work assignments, and adherence to quality standards.
- Follows and ensures compliance with all regulations and policies governing use of powered industrial trucks to load trailers and move product within facility and safe operations and best practices concerning trailers or vehicles used for shipments from facility; such as chocking tires, inspecting trailer surfaces that will be driven on, inspecting for other hazards, etc.
- Maintain system data integrity by ensuring that all SAP transactions, and any other required transactions, are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Collaborates with other areas to drive progress, such as purchasing, receiving, inventory control,
- Develops individuals and teams. Provides feedback on individual work performance. Utilizes various coaching and mentoring techniques to motivate team members.
- Supports organization by becoming cross-trained in other functional areas (for example: receiving) to help provide leadership coverage.
- All other duties as assigned
- On-Time Final Delivery
- Order Accuracy
- Achieve LCPP (Labor Cost Per Piece) to budgeted expectations.
- Achieve OT% to budgeted expectations.
- Successful implementation of SQDC boards process and Lean Daily Rhythms.
- Factory Associates with their departments assigned.
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to inspire and motivate associates Root cause analysis, problem identification, and resolution skills. Strong Written and oral communication and conflict resolution skills.
- 3-5 years related experience in a supervisory role in Shipping / warehouse
- 3-5 years enterprise resource planning (ERP) system experience required; SAP preferred
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience