- Welding in and out of position on various pipe configurations using SMAW and FCAW welding processes.
- Work closely with supervisors and pipe fitters to provide solutions to design deficiencies, system breakdowns, equipment malfunctions and other repair situations.
- Tear down/repair/repack/reassemble valves in place.
- Assess and repair reach-rods, deck actuators, valve handles, valve bodies and bonnets.
- Repair sanitary systems aboard vessels.
- Work with systems aboard vessels for fresh/potable water.
- Work with engine cooling systems.
- Repair or renew various other pieces of equipment as warranted.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Successfully pass a 6GR Pipe Welding Test using SMAW and FCAW.
- Stainless Steel 6GR Pipe Welding Testwill be SMAW.
- Follows ABS / USCG pipe welding and fitting requirements
- Assist in all types of valve, reach rod, heat exchanger or other miscellaneous mechanical work
- Will work independently with minimal supervision
- Conflict management, leadership, teambuilding and time management skills will be used
- Attention to detail, organizational, problem solving, analytical, critical thinking and decision making skills will be used
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Two (2) years of pipe welding experience
- Must have tools; employer does not provide tools
- Shipyard Experience is preferred
Outdoors. Work in confined spaces, in the elements, aboard shipyard vessels, in the shop, and travel outside the facilities to other local ports in the area via company truck.
40+ hours per week.
Gulf Marine Repair is an EOE/M/F/Vet/ Disability
E-Verify and Drug-Free Workplace