SunSource , is a leader in the distribution of fluid power and fluid processing components offering value added services such as design, fabrication, engineering, and service & repair. We are currently seeking a Shop Superintendent (Shop Foreman)for our service center located in .Chandler, AZ
The Shop Superintendent is responsible for overseeing and directing all personnel and activities associates with the operations of our pump and rotating equipment repair shop. The Shop Superintendent is responsible for the development, coaching and leadership of his or her team to ensure the shop is achieving productivity levels. Along with meeting operational budgets, customer expectations and company quality standards, the position also places customer service and safety as top priorities. Shop Superintendent is responsible for the productivity of the technician team and therefore needs to meet and/or exceed the job requirements of shop technician. Must be a Leader by Example.
- Supervise the disassembly, cleaning and inspection (DCI) process of rotating equipment to be repaired.
- Makes sure dimensional inspections are verified and checked. Makes sure QC program is adhered to.
- Creates job workscopes and repair tasks.
- Supervise inside mechanics and machinists, as well as all work sent to outside vendors for machining and repair.
- Works closely with Account Managers and Customer Service Representatives to improve communication regarding repair jobs, including job status, projected due dates, etc.
- Plan, schedule and assign work (Daily production schedule).
- Handles customer calls and shop visits.
- Performs administrative duties, including ordering materials, submitting and approving technician hours, and conducting performance reviews w/ assigned team of technicians.
- Maintains a safe work place, and is responsible for housekeeping, shop cleanliness and orderliness, and reports unsafe conditions.
- Performs other duties as required.
General Education and Experience:
- Education - High school diploma/G.E.D. minimum. Formal training in industrial technology, mechanics or related field which rotating equipment maintenance is part of the curriculum or Certification preferred.
- Experience – Minimum 10 years in pump and gearbox repair experience required, which includes equipment troubleshooting, tear downs, assembly, and reading of drawings and specifications required to perform a proper repair. Prior Management experience, with excellent people skills, is required.
- Physical Requirements - Must be able to lift and carry up to 75lbs intermittently throughout 8 hour day. Position stands 50 to 75% of the workday.
SunSource’s history of accomplishment and continued growth means that we give the best condition to energetic, driven people to be effective in their role. We pride ourselves on a culture that provides opportunities for development and advancement of our associates. In addition, we build meaningful relations with our customers, suppliers and internal associates. We are all bound by a pledge to a common mission toward providing the highest quality products and services within our industry and achieving the company’s growth objectives.
So if you are a self-motivated individual and effective in achieving customer service success through your professional accomplishments then we want to hear from you!
Would you rather see what we have to offer? Check out SunSource Core Competency video
Why is SunSource a great place to work? Click here WHY SUNSOURCE?
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
WE PARTICIPATE IN E-VERIFY PROGRAM
Keyword: "hydraulic technician", "Hydraulic systems", "hydraulic repair", "Hydraulic Mechanic", "hydraulic machinist", "pump technician", "pump mechanic", "machinist", "service and repair", "hydraulic troubleshooting"