Position Overview: Carries out a variety of physical activities at the designated facility.
This is a safety sensitive position.
Reports to: Area Manager, Shop Foreman
Directs Reports: None
- Assists with the loading and unloading of supplies and equipment
- May assist in cleaning the shop area, painting, and retrieving parts and tools
- Installs and maintains equipment
- May deliver and pick-up parts which could include pulling a trailer
- May operates a forklift
- Operates a variety of equipment
- Assists with general repair and maintenance work as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Mechanical aptitude and experience
- Detail oriented
- Flexible in dealing with frequent changes or unexpected delays
- Must pass pre-employment drug and alcohol screening as well as background check
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent education
- Forklift Operator certified
- Good driving record
- Position requires long periods of standing and sitting
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to bend and kneel frequently throughout the day
Typical working conditions and hazards:
- Work is performed in all weather conditions
- Able to perform duties with protective equipment, H2S respirator where required
- Potential hazards include working near or with heavy tools and moving machinery
- Potential exposure to loud noises, airborne toxins, solvents, flammable atmospheres, and industrial chemicals
- This is a safety sensitive position. Essential mental alertness requirements, which include the following, are required to be met as part of the essential job functions, and must be met by Basic Energy Services applicants and current employees. To be considered and eligible for hire, each and every applicant and employee must:
- Work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Have, display & maintain the ability to perform tasks involving high levels of cognitive function and judgment
- Not be mentally or physically impaired from any cause, that can adversely affect an employee’s ability to safely and completely perform the duties of the position
- Have, display & maintain the ability to work in an unfatigued state
- Have, display & maintain the ability to accurately gauge lengths of time and distance
- Have, display & maintain the ability to quickly store and recall instructions in one’s short term memory
- Have, display & maintain the ability to concentrate
- Have, display & maintain the ability to cope with sudden changes in surrounding and/or emergency situations and/or alarms
- Have, display & maintain, demonstrated caring, committed and concerned attitude about safety
If any applicant and/or employee is not able to meet these requirements immediately and indefinitely, said applicant and/or employee may not be eligible for employment, re-employment, or promotional opportunities, and may be subject to termination if it is determined that said applicant or employee is determined to be impaired, by following the Company’s reasonable suspicion training, and process.
Reach your full potential.
Basic offers interesting and challenging opportunities for dynamic individuals who want to be part of the exciting oilfield services industry. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value and individual contributions of every employee.
- Highly competitive salaries
- Benefits programs
- Performance-based financial rewards
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Environment