Days of Work: Monday - Friday, with some weekends
Responsibilities include all preventative maintenance required on The Home Depot Rental's light construction line deployed in the general area. The Shop Technician I will perform work in mechanical servicing and maintenance of construction equipment. Maintenance of equipment is required to ensure equipment is ready to deploy and run safely at optimum efficiency. Nature of the work involves handling of greasy and dirty parts.
- Troubleshoot and repair small engines
- Apply hydraulic, pneumatic, auto diesel engine skills for equipment repair
- Apply welding, electrical troubleshooting
- Repair landscape, rental equipment
- Manage inventory
- Rescue equipment and deliver equipment to customer sites
- Changing equipment tracks
- Have your own reliable vehicle to use in this task from time to time
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- Solution-oriented when identifying hydraulic, mechanical and electrical system problems
- Strong light construction equipment maintenance skills
- Familiarity with inventory management
- Experience, ability and desire to provide superior customer service
- Excellent communication skills and organization skills
- Ability to prioritize, keeping customer needs and company's revenue in the forefront
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to safely lift 80 lbs. minimum
- Ability to work independently
- Strong computer skills
- Valid driver’s license (ability to drive in a CMV capacity)
- Experience in equipment rental industry preferred
- Landscape/rental/construction background preferred
High School Diploma or GED, Tech School or OEM Training - or equivalent experience required
We offer a full array of benefits that include health, well-being, and financial. Please visit www.livetheorangelife.com for more details.