Want to help people? Then you belong here. We currently have an excellent claims professional career opportunity available to join our Short Term Disability team in Portland, ME. We are looking to start our paid training class April 29th, 2019.
The Short Term Disability Analyst, primarily investigates claims to determine if the insured person qualifies for short-term benefits and works with them on a treatment plan to return to work as soon as responsibly possible. The Short Term Disability Analyst supports our mission of helping our customers rebuild their lives after an unexpected event or illness happens while following corporate claim standards, policies and procedures, and statutory, regulatory and ethics requirements.
As a Short Term Disability Analyst you will:
- Work with internal and external customers to retrieve/relay information relevant to short-term disability claims.
- Utilize verbal and numerical critical thinking skills to gather information, apply sound reasoning and draw appropriate conclusions.
- Utilize business acumen and technical expertise to make sound decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, experience and judgment, with management oversight.
- Provide exceptional customer service by maintaining a dedication to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Help to create a team environment that achieves Group Benefit Claims Diversity and Inclusion initiatives.
- Operate under the mindset of The Hartford’s Behaviors: Deliver Outcomes, Operate as a Team Player, Build Strong Partnerships and Strive for Excellence.
- 1+ year of experience providing quality customer service required
- Very organized, exceptional problem solving, verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to maintain a high-level of quality and accuracy, while meeting productivity targets in a fast-paced environment.
- Thrive in a structured team environment
- Exceptional computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- One year of claim experience a plus
- HS Diploma/GED required
- College degree (preferred)
- Medical Terminology is a plus
- Deliver Outcomes – Drive exceptional performance to move the company forward.
- Work as a Team – Collaborate inclusively to achieve the best results.
- Build Strong Partnerships – Create lasting value through trusted relationships.
- Strive for Excellence – Always look for ways to continuously improve.
- Travel Requirements: As part of the multi-week new hire training program, you may be required to travel out of state for up to two (2) weeks. All travel expenses and arrangements are paid for by The Hartford.
Job Disability Claims
Primary Location: United States-Maine-South Portland
Job Level:Entry Level
Education Level:High School Diploma/GED (±11 years)
Shift Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Overtime Status: Non-exempt
Job Posting:Feb 18, 2019, 6:09:08 PM
Remote Worker Option:No