Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A., Inc., a global Fortune 1000 company and one of Forbes 2017 America’s Best Large Employers, is transforming the way we all do business.
From smart office technology and information management to cloud, mobility and IT services, we have a rich history of creating the products and services necessary to drive innovation and make work possible from anywhere at any time. Our award-winning products and solutions help companies around the world move information faster, improve quality and productivity, enhance security and facilitate the sharing of information. We are proud that our portfolio leads the industry while exceeding environmental standards.
At Konica Minolta, you'll work for an amazing technology company with growth opportunities, great benefits and talented, passionate co-workers.
The Shipping and Receiving Manager is responsible for coordinating and supervising all warehouse functions and maintaining prescribed service levels while keeping costs at a minimum. The selection, professional development, and motivation of warehouse employees are key responsibilities of this position. Additionally, the incumbent assists Traffic and Distribution Manager in establishing warehouse performance objectives.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage a team of warehouse personnel and lead them to successfully perform all warehouse related processes effectively. Outline clear, realistic and attainable goals to track employee performance effectively and accurately. Mentor and be a role model to promote and enhance teamwork.
- Responsible for in freight movement into and out of the warehouse. Ensure warehouse is effectively organized and well maintained. Warehouse bin locations are to be usefully placed to maximize space efficiency.
- Maintain a margin of error of no more than .05% for related group delivery picks and product receipts.
- Process all related reports and efficiencies accurately within expected time frames. Meet MDC production objectives in all related warehouse operation areas of responsibility.
- Conduct monthly safety review of warehouse; periodic forklift training and retraining as necessary. Ensure all warehouse employees are practicing /following related safety procedures. Safety inspections are to be conducted within a reasonable window following the beginning of each month while being accurate and detailed, pointing out any possible issues.
- Proactively evaluate warehouse processes to identify process improvements, and/or recommendations.
- Train and supervise personnel in the Warehouse Operation to ensure the achievement of departmental and company objectives. This includes proper cross training of assigned manpower to accommodate flexibility within warehouse job functions and operation needs.
- Carrier scheduling for both Direct and Wholesale groups must ensure best rate/lowest transportation cost while recognizing requirements and selections.
- Assign manpower in the most effective and efficient manner to ensure a fair distribution of work throughout the warehouse; as well as an effective balance of workload between Direct, Wholesale and Small Package order processing.
- Minimize the use of OT ensuring proper utilization of manpower and setting of priorities. Volume of output as measured by weight, delivery processing time frames versus available manpower.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills. Detailed oriented.
- Working knowledge of SAP.
- Ability to follow instructions and/or tasks provided by management.
- Able to work long hours, in high paced environment.
- Proficient with Google Apps and MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experienced with managing and/or mentoring employees. Ability to apply Performance Management policies and procedures in a fair and consistent manner.
Experience, Educational Reqts and Certifications
- 2-year college degree. Bachelor Degree a plus or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years of relevant work experience.
- 1-3 years supervisory experience.
Konica Minolta Offers:
- Outstanding benefits package (including medical, dental, vision, life insurance)
- 401(k) plan with matching company contribution
- Generous holiday and paid time off schedules
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Ongoing professional development training
- Visible, exciting work supporting sales of cutting edge technology and workflow solutions.
Join Konica Minolta and help drive innovation as we transform the Workplace of the Future.™
Konica Minolta is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, disability, alienage or citizenship status, marital status or partnership status, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Retail Store Manager / Supervisor