Free standing restaurateur mentality with total P&L accountability, with a primary focus on driving revenues by consistently delivering one of the finest Steak House experience in America and raving fans. Develops and leads people to produce a quality product, while managing inventories and costs to maximize profit opportunities.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise all shift operations in the Restaurant and Room Service and liaise with the kitchen staff to ensure smooth operations, while staying compliant with all Shula's regulations, as well as all safety requirements. Maintaining the highest level of quality service.
- Assist the Head Coach in supervising all Restaurant employees. Interview, recommend hiring, schedule, train develop, coach and counsel and prepare regular performance reviews.
- Respond to customer needs, issues comments and problems to ensure a quality experience.
- Supervise the maintenance/sanitation of the Restaurant and equipment during and after the shifts to protect the asset.
- Maintain the highest degree of professionalism at all times.
- Complete floor plan for dinner service in a timely manner to ensure staffing levels match business levels.
- Organize and place liquor/beer/wine in pre-determined areas for easy location of inventory.
- Conduct an inventory of liquor/wine/beer every Sunday/Monday to have beverage order placed by Tuesday.
- Responsible for scheduling a minimum of 1 wine tasting through wine representatives per month.
- Constantly and consistently train new hires and seasoned associates on service standards. ALL new players should be sat down after each training shift to collect feedback. After a minimum of 4 training shifts, a test should be given.
- Be creative and inventive when creating promotions and other ways to create revenue.
- Knowledgeable of all emergency and safety policies and procedures of Hotel Duval and Shula's corporation.
- Uphold and maintain a professional appearance by abiding to the rules of the uniform and image policy of Shula's Corporation and Hotel Duval.
- Exceed expectations whenever possible.
- Any other reasonable duties assigned by Management.
- BA/BS 4-5 year degree or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years of employment in related field. Shula's experience preferred. Previous full service hotel experience in Food & Beverage a plus.
- Must be able to lift 40+ lbs.
- Must be able to stand on feet for prolonged periods of time.
- Great Food Safe Food and Alcohol Safety Training certification is required upon hire.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all applicants must submit to a drug screening and background check prior to hire.