This is a part-time, as-needed position, and is not eligible to receive all of the benefits normally provided to members of the university staff under the standard University of Colorado benefits programs. Position does accrue sick and vacation time based on actual hours worked.
Provide and maintain a safe and secure environment in which academic pursuits may flourish, in accordance with the established goals of the University of Colorado, through service in the following area: TRANSPORTATION SERVICES: Provide daily shuttle services for students to and from far parking lots, provide Charter services to departments needing to transport students/faculty/staff to locations off UCCS property.
- Provide safe, dependable transportation on and around the campus area.
- Be available to drive for other drivers that have called in sick or are otherwise unable to work their regular shift.
- Safely assist loading, unloading and securing of disabled passengers in a professional manner
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections with a high degree of accuracy and safety.
- Fuel buses when required.
- Maintain proper passenger counts and related paperwork.
- Use good judgment when the need arises to alter assigned routes due to traffic conditions.
- Be prepared to work any time of day or night, to include weekends.
- Must be flexible to assume other duties as assigned.
- Position is part-time, time off coincides with semester breaks.
- There are no Logs or Overnight trips.
- Drivers are scheduled from 06:30 am – 11:00 p.m. for campus routes. Drivers also are scheduled Charter services 7 days a week.
- Assist with cleaning of vehicles.
- Drug Free Workplace
- Pre-Employment drug test.
- Engagement with campus community regardless of ethnic, racial, political, gender, religious, intellectual background
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to perform assigned responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Apply related federal, state, and local laws, rules and regulations
- Customer service concepts and techniques to meet or exceed customer needs and expectations
- Techniques for providing excellent service to all customer
- Be able to safely operate 32 foot or longer buses over 25,000 lbs. GVWR
- Drive in a legal and safe manner at all times
- Provide minor vehicle maintenance such as replacing tail lamps
- Office duties such as filing paperwork or computer data entry
This position has been determined to be eligible for overtime (non-exempt) under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
Hourly Pay Rate: $16.19
The University of Colorado Colorado Springs is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
UCCS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, the University of Colorado will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, political affiliation or political philosophy in its programs or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
- Maintain a current and valid Colorado DOT Physical Card and CDL Class A or B with P2 endorsement, no air brake restriction.
- Must maintain a valid DOT physical card at all times.
- Be subject to random drug and alcohol screening tests
- Two years of driving experience.