Provides prompt and exceptional service and information to guest/visitor. Candidate is also responsible for safely handling guests' and visitors' baggage, and vehicles to ensure proper parking, securing and handling of keys. Attend to guests’/visitors’ immediate needs upon arrival and follow through with attention throughout accommodations. Must maintain a knowledge base to include the city/surrounding areas, local attractions, services, suppliers, and, vendors. Ability to perform all essential job functions accurately and safely with minimal supervision.
· Able to drive manual transmission vehicles
· Verbally greets and opens doors for guests entering and exiting the front entrance
· Read, match, and properly complete claim tickets and detach portion to give to guest, if applicable
· Maintain complete knowledge and comply with all departmental policies and service procedures
· Retrieve or carry guest items from vehicle(s). Grasp, lift, carry and/or load luggage and packages into/out of vehicles or onto a bell cart to transport items throughout hotel to designated suite.
· Escort guests to surrounding areas using hotel shuttle, Informing guests of points of interest and hours of operations
· Maintain the cleanliness of the shuttle.
· Report any maintenance or repairs needed for shuttle
· Listen and respond to guest inquiries using a positive, clear speaking voice. Answer questions and offer assistance giving accurate information regarding outlet hours, resort services, directions to local attractions, function rooms, car rentals, airline service, etc.
· Greet guests immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome according to standards. Remain calm, attentive, and responsive especially during high business volume activity and emergencies.
· Assist the department with other jobs as requested by the Lead or Transportation Manager including but not limited to bellman/valet duties and bell lead positions