Our customer is to develop and demonstrate tactically-relevant space situational awareness (SSA) in support of space control. The group focuses on the techniques, operational concepts, and advanced sensor systems that are needed to obtain timely and predictive information about space objects. In support of these efforts, the Group is developing DARC, a prototype with a variety of software implementing real-time signal processing, control and visualization of data collected from real time sensors. Odyssey requires two (2) full time Signal Processing CPU Software Programmer to assist with development, and support for the software systems running on our testbeds.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The DARC prototype system consists of a highly-distributed, high-speed data network architecture with highly distributed processing. Customer technical staff will design the software architecture for the system with input from the candidate, as well as provide algorithms for signal processing. The candidate will work as a member of a team that performs the detailed design, coding, development, integration, and testing of the system. The candidate will be involved in several aspects of development: implementing and optimizing signal-processing algorithms for real-time operation, and developing testing and analysis tools. The candidate must be experienced in software design, signal processing development, integration, testing, documentation, and system maintenance. Work will be executed primarily in C or C++ in a Linux environment using open source and custom software stacks.
• Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD secret clearance
• PhD plus 5 years minimum experience, or MS plus 8 years minimum experience
• Candidate must have expertise with C++ development, signal processing algorithms, object-oriented design, and common design patterns.
• The candidate will provide software development in support of a real time surveillance program.
• The candidate will participate in the development of real-time signal processing software and algorithms in C++ with Intel’s Math Kernel Library (MKL).
• Requires 5 years of experience working with high performance signal processing libraries in C++; experience with MKL in a Unix operating system with Intel CPUs is required.
• Knowledge and experience with signal processing algorithms, e.g. FFT, coherent and non-coherent integration, etc., experience with vectorization and parallelization optimization, e.g. OpenMP and MKL pragmas is required.
• Experience developing C++ code from Matlab
• Experience developing with MKL
• Experience in applying skills in innovative, cutting-edge software applications
• Experience developing in a Linux environment such as Ubuntu, Red Hat, etc.
• Experience with modern development tools such as svn, make, etc.
• Experience with standard C++ development libraries such as STL, Boost, etc.
• Capability of scripting with Unix shell, Python, Perl, etc.
• Work well in a fast-moving, multidisciplinary, small team environment
• Experience with high-performance multi-threaded applications
• Active Secret Clearance
• Familiarity with Cuda development on NVidia GPU cards
• Domain-specific knowledge in radar signal processing is a plus
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
• Location: Lexington, MA
• Duration: 3 years and 40 hours a week
• Travel: Travel may be expected
• Employment Status: Full-Time Employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement)
• Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI).
This job posting sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position, which may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
- Military Leave
- On Site Cafeteria
- Vacation/paid time off
- Employee Events
- Gym Memberships
- Professional Development
- Life Insurance
- Employee Referral Program
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid sick days
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Retirement / Pension Plans