This position coordinates and leads a 7 day a week program of brain health and wellness activities that meet the individual and group needs of residents enrolled in the Silver Seeds program.The Silver Seeds program provides a wellness-focused path for assisted living residents. The program also is a combination of activities and education opportunities for persons from outside the community.
The Carefield Silver Seeds Coordinator provides a written progress report to the Executive Director and Lifestyle Director pertaining to all Silver Seeds residents' involvement in the program. Functions in a supervisory capacity on the floor and shares the responsibilities for the daily care and supervision of all enrolled Silver Seeds residents and assures that care is provided within the mandated Title 22 Regulations.
- Passion for mission: strong heart-felt connection with the mission of Carefield Senior Living.
- Degree and/or Experience in Recreational Therapy, Education, Gerontology/ Activity Director certificate
- At least one year experience in conducting group activities, evaluating resident needs, and supervising training volunteers.
- Must be able to read written direction, comprehend verbal instructions, and write at a level necessary to accomplish job.
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance
- Must be capable of performing the Essential Functions of this job. Related experience at a level necessary to accomplish this job.
- Will have criminal record clearance prior to presence in the community.
- Health screening and TB test results will not be older than 6 months or will be received within 7 days of employment.
- First Aid and CPR Training required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (With or Without the Aid of Mechanical Devices):
Walking, reaching and bending. Frequent moving throughout the community, occasional pushing of wheelchairs, occasional lifting and moving of supplies or resident personal belongings. Fine hand coordination and visual acuity. Ability to remain calm under stress.
Potential for exposure to blood/body fluids unlikely.
Essential Functions: Plans and leads Silver Seeds Program
1. Encourages residents to participate in daily activities following the Silver Seeds activities
2. Oversees that the Silver Seeds room is clean and maintains a safe environment.
3. Assist residents in and out of a chair and wheelchair as needed.
4. Coordinates events with the Lifestyle Director as needed.
5. Responds to residents' needs promptly.
6. Works toward maintaining each resident's self-respect, personal dignity and personal safety.
7. Displays tact and friendliness when dealing with residents, families and visitors.
8. Attends scheduled in-service classes, trainings, and all-staff meetings in the community
9. Provides input and the implementation of the care and service plans for Silver Seeds residents including updating plans as needed on an ongoing basis.
10. Communicates pertinent resident information to co-workers when observed in residents.
11. Notifies maintenance of needed repairs when identified.
12. Displays a spirit of teamwork in performance of daily duties.
13. Performs other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
which are consistent with the position.
1. Provide stimulating activities with a wellness focus for
resident based on individual needs, strengths and interests.
2. Identify and seek ways to support resident's individual needs and preferences, customary routines, concerns, and choices.
3. On a daily basis, publish, post, and distribute to Silver Seeds residents a calendar of program events.
4. On a weekly basis, submit program calendar to Carefield
Silver Seeds Program Director for review/approval.
5. Promote Wellness and Silver Seeds program goals and objectives by the daily and monthly calendar, advertisements of education series on the bulletin boards, in the program rooms and posting a print monthly calendar.