Rocky Vista University in Parker, CO has an opening for a
Part-Time SIMS Assistant
(This position is on average 20 hours a week depending upon need. One week could be 10 hours and one week could be 30+ hours so an ideal candidate would need to be flexible.)
Benefits include Vacation, Sick, Holiday and 401(k)
To be considered for this position applicants should submit a resume and salary requirements.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Assists in the development, execution and evaluation of simulation events of the Office of SIMS, using simulated patient or patient-related encounters of various modalities (examples- live actors, manikins/task trainers, and virtual reality modules). Will work closely with the SIMS Faculty and Staff of both campuses to provide unity and collaboration of simulation education at RVU and in the community.
The ideal candidate would also have interest in training/teaching and have great organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist administration, faculty and staff in projects as required.
- Live Actor Standardized Patient Encounters - Assists in recruiting, screening and hiring live actor Standardized Patients who are then trained to portray patients for student learning. Ability and aptitude to be assist in training- which entails training standardized patients in assessment of History Taking, Physical Exam and Interpersonal Skills as well as feedback training and quality control procedures.
- Surgical Simulation- Assists with operation and maintenance of task trainers such as CutSuit and others. Assists with set-up of simulated surgical events of all programs at RVU, both intra- and extra-curricular. Assists with surgical inventory and ordering of supplies.
- Manikins- Assists with operation and maintenance of high fidelity manikins such as SimMom, SimMan, Hal, Harvey, and others. Assists with set-up and execution of simulated manikin events of all programs at RVU, both intra- and extra-curricular. Assists with manikin inventory and maintenance.
- Assists in all aspects of training and exams/events for simulated events including scheduling, room set-up in collaboration and under the direction of the Assistant Director and Coordinators.
- Assists in all aspects of the EMS system (or other software programs) including entering case and student data, checklists and post-encounter forms, monitoring and troubleshooting during sessions, and securing storage of data in the system.
- Assists in running simulation activities with all RVU Programs and Affiliates- students, faculty, SIMS staff, Continuing Medical Education Excellence, and other community outreach activities on behalf of the university.
9. Other duties as assigned.
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Track inventory and order supplies for the Office.
- Copies/collates or electronically transmits simulation event materials.
- Assist in maintenance of SIMS Web Site materials.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1.Outstanding organizational and communication skills
2. Demonstrate intermediate skill level of data entry knowledge and computer skills including Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook.
3. Ability to work with confidential material with an attention to detail.
4. Ability to work effectively in a team-based multi-cultural environment.
5. Demonstrate effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
6. Ability to learn and run EMS program and other software.
1. Associate’s degree or certificate in healthcare or education
2. Experience in event coordination, education, training and recruiting
- Experience in healthcare or simulation
2. Bachelor’s in health science
Final applicant will be required to pass background check and drug screening
Rocky Vista University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.