Imagine New Horizons…
As an intern in the SIMULIA Center of Excellence you will apply your technical and communication skills to assist solution consultants in one or more of the following areas; pre-sales support, customer support, and industry services for SIMULIA products. Working with experienced engineers with broad industry knowledge, you will investigate and replicate customer issues and contribute to the creation of product presentations and demonstrations. Training will be provided on Dassault Systèmes products such as Abaqus for structural analysis, Isight for process automation and design optimization, and the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform.
You will be exposed to real industry problems and be provided with mentoring by experienced engineers.
This is a paid, full-time internship spanning from May to December 2020 based in the Dassault Systèmes office located in Auburn Hills, MI.
Do you have dreams? Do you enjoy a challenge? Here at Dassault Systèmes, we empower people with passion to change the world.
Shape your career with3DS! #WeAre3DS
What will your role be?
You will contribute in one or more of the following areas:
- Customer Support
- Assist in providing world class support for SIMULIA products
- Investigate and replicate customer support issues
- Resolve customer incidents in a timely manner through independent research and by collaborating with team members
- Pres-sales Support
- Execute use case studies that are based on proven customer work flows
- Package the results to create marketing presentation materials and product demonstrations
- Industry Services
- Perform high quality work on consulting projects
- Assist with the communication to customers throughout the duration of the project to meet project goals according to a proposed schedule
- Contribute to the project final report with well written, accurate, and well supported documentation
Your key success factors
- Actively enrolled in a Master’s, or PhD program in engineering for aerospace, mechanical, civil, or applied mechanics at a college or university for the duration of the internship
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- Work onsite in the Dassault Systemes office
- Knowledge of multibody dynamics and experience with commercial MBD tools such as Simpack, Adams, or Virtual Lab Motion
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Positive, self-motivated individual with high level of enthusiasm and willingness to learn and incorporate coaching and instructions into daily tasks and assignments
- Ability and willingness to self-teach new and advanced software functions
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Ability to take direction and guidance from others, adopt and develop best practices and navigate around obstacles creatively
- Strong written and verbal communication skills