WE MAKE PEOPLE SMILE
Do you have a Positive, Can-Do Attitude and an Outstanding set of Customer Service Skills?
At Magic Memories, we’re a company that delights and amazes guests on the simple but universal concept of making people smile, and has driven that concept into its product, service, and innovation philosophy.
Picture yourself working at our iconic location New Orleans Steamboat Natchez as an Assistant Site Manager! Your team will capture fun interactive photos of guests at the attraction. These photos are published into story-telling photo books, and then sold to our guests. We offer a fun job with flexible hours and great opportunity to expand your leadership experience with a company that encourages growth and advancement!
- Drive teams to achieve goals.
- Assist with running all operational aspects of a high-volume souvenir photography retail operation.
- Act as lead manager in the absence of the Photography Operations Manager.
- Provide floor supervision and administrative duties, ensuring the team stays focused on guest service and sales goals
- Develop, train and motivate staff to achieve desired guest service and financial results.
- Provide floor supervision and administrative duties, ensuring the team stays focused on guest service and sales goals.
- Apply your creativity and customer service and sales skills.
- Meet and interact with people from around the world.
- Work with fun team members.
- Make money!
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED). 1 year people management experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1 year previous experience in a professional position demonstrating the ability to produce sales, build a relationship of trust, credibility and mutual respect with guests and/or partners and internal team members.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to support teams, develop culture and demonstrate coaching and ongoing performance management.
- Ability and drive to assist in this ‘hands-on’ role, with demonstrated ability to meet sales targets and KPIs in a busy environment.
- Proven history of building strong, supportive and effective relationships with operating peers and staff.
- Previous exposure and willingness to learn about the employment life cycle, to include recruitment, hiring, monitoring and performance evaluation of all venue location personnel.
- Sound judgment in decision-making, problem solving, and prioritization of duties.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills with customers, management and cross-functional team members.
- Professional communication skills and appearance.
- Ability to support operations 7-days a week, including weekends, evenings and holidays – it’s tourism after all!
- Experience in digital photography a plus, but not required.
- Previous guest service experience preferred, but not required, within the hospitality, food and beverage, or retail industries.
- Experience in Souvenir Photography in a retail, guest-oriented setting preferred, including sales experience with Digital Photography processing and sales in a POS environment.
About Magic Memories :
Since its inception in 1995, the company has grown to more than 2,200 employees in 185 attractions in 10 countries across the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Europe, China, United Arab Emirates, Australia and New Zealand.
Job Type: FULL TIME
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – Magic Memories is dedicated to providing equal opportunities to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran’s status, or any other factor that is a prohibited consideration under applicable law.
Magic Memories’ diversity and inclusion practices have been recognized through being named as the 2017 winner of the Emerging category of the YWCA Equal Pay Awards!