AGC Biologics is a leading global Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization, with a deep commitment to improving life quality by bringing new biopharmaceuticals to market. Because of our dedication to building and empowering our internal teams, AGC Biologics is an innovative leader in the industry with an extensive network of cGMP facilities in the US, Europe and Asia. As such, we deliver a deep expertise, dynamic solutions and technologies, as well as customized services for the scale-up and cGMP manufacturing of protein-based therapeutics. We forge exceptionally strong partnerships with our clients, and we never lose sight of our pledge to deliver a reliable and compliant drug substance supply, Right, On time. For more information, visit www.agcbio.com.
The Site Head/General Manager will have profit and loss responsibility for AGC Biologic’s Bothell, WA site. AGC Biologics is poised for significant growth in revenue generation and overall profitability through major capacity and productivity expansion, technology development, system and process improvements, expense management, and people development.
The Site Head will be responsible for providing leadership to a biopharmaceutical cultured organization that is well regarded for excellent service, on-time deliveries, and the production of high quality cGMP biologic materials. A critical role will be to continue the maturation of this collaborative, professional, and talented organization into a more business minded, efficient and reliable operation producing clinical and commercial scale cGMP biologic materials.
The Site Head will work closely with colleagues in Denmark, Germany and Japan to ensure the Bothell business leverages and integrates AGC Biologic’s combined global capabilities. This critical leadership position requires a combination of strategic and tactical thinking, extensive operational experience (multi-product clinical and commercial manufacturing), strong business savvy, keen systems and process orientation, and excellent people skills.
The Site Head’s primary responsibility is to provide leadership, direction, and operational management to the Bothell site to ensure the development and execution of a world class contract manufacturing organization that supports the short- and long-term financial goals of the company.
- Lead the development and maintenance of a high performing organization encompassing operational excellence (efficiency, productivity, and quality), cGMP regulatory compliance and customer service.
- Provide strong, collaborative and decisive leadership through direct, open and honest communication at all levels of the organization.
- Assess the effectiveness and efficiency of site wide systems, processes and practices. Oversee the planning and implementation of cost-effective initiatives that increase efficiency, effectiveness, throughput and regulatory compliance.
- Coordinate with AGC Biologics in Seattle, Denmark and Germany on operational strategies/opportunities, capacity planning/optimization, technology/process development, and operational/quality initiatives.
- Provide regular communications to motivate the organization in its continued transformation into a successful contract manufacturing culture including the development of a highly engaged, motivated workforce.
- Ensure that all technology transfer, new project start-ups, and manufacturing campaigns are executed to company and customer requirements.
- Evaluate the results of the business and communicate with key stakeholders on current and anticipated performance to facilitate effective planning and decision-making.
- Ensure the development of a world class regulatory and quality environment through a strong commitment to cGMP requirements for clinical and commercial scale production.
- Lead the development of an operating plan that accounts for expanded capacity, improved productivity, asset flexibility, customer dynamics, and higher utilization rates to ensure that this business achieves overall financial goals for revenues, earnings, and ROI.
- Develop a highly motivated, empowered workforce through a combination of individual development, external hiring, and recognition and reward systems that result in a highly qualified, engaged, and motivated team across all levels of the business.
- Foster an environment for world class manufacturing through employee involvement, continuous improvement, regulatory/environmental leadership, and organizational development.
- Develop a customer service oriented culture including the ability to leverage global technical capabilities for closing new business and building strong relationships with customers and other external organizations.
- Ensure good working relationships with all customers, suppliers and business partners including overall compliance with relevant FDA, OSHA, EPA and quality requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Staff Leadership. Translates mission, vision, values into actionable goals and objectives. Provides adequate structure, direction and feedback. Creates environment where staff feel valued, respected and empowered. Shows appreciation for and rewards individual and group excellence. Demonstrates high standards of ethics and fairness. Takes appropriate risks and encourages staff to do the same. Works through conflict and insures productive resolution. Maintains confidentiality of private and sensitive information.
- Job Knowledge and Skills. Possesses required knowledge and skills to successfully perform job. Rapidly embraces and applies new ideas and approaches where doing so adds value.
- Results Orientation . Knows how to get things done in an effective and efficient manner with available resources. Plans and prioritizes work, sets and accomplishes goals, and completes quality work on schedule. Maintains a sense of urgency in accomplishing work. Strives to improve company and individual performance.
- Leadership. Takes personal responsibility, leads by example and conscientious. Demonstrates initiative and is committed to and enthusiastic about achieving company success.
- Decision Making. Makes timely and sound decisions based on a combination of analysis, experience and judgment. Consults others, as appropriate. Understands and takes into consideration how decisions impact others.
- Customer Focus/Team Work. Develops and maintains adequate customer satisfaction levels with internal and external audiences. Demonstrates a bias toward service, quality and teamwork. Builds constructive and effective working relationships. Is committed to the success of all stakeholders.
- Communication. Cultivates a culture of openness and information sharing. Demonstrates integrity and honesty in all communication. Is willing to “speak the truth” and advocate positions even when unpopular. Provides constructive feedback. Avoids blaming others.
- BS in Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or related technical discipline is required; MBA and/or a graduate degree in a related technical discipline is highly desired.
- Qualified candidates will be business and technically savvy executives who have successfully managed and optimized cGMP biologics manufacturing operations and/or relevant cGMP biotechnology businesses
- Partnering with perspective and potential clients both prior to engagement and then throughout the engagement process
- Candidate experience should include direct leadership of a significantly sized organization or manufacturing organization with multi-product operations. Ideally, this experience will include the launch and commercialization of cGMP biopharmaceuticals.
- Inherent in this role is the delivery of results through a combination of operational excellence, organizational development, and business management skills.
- Candidates must exhibit the capability to develop a strong market presence through customer service, high quality services, and technology leadership.
- He/she will demonstrate excellent communications skills to support team building, internal and external communications, and industry leadership opportunities.
- Demonstrated skills in the effective application of leading edge manufacturing and productivity initiatives, such as lean/six sigma, to improve performance in a cGMP environment are highly desired.
- This experience should be in a growth-oriented, biopharmaceutical or relatable biotechnology business.
AGC Biologics offers a highly competitive compensation package and a friendly, collaborative culture that values personal initiative and professional achievement. AGC Biologics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances