Job ID: 165319
Lawn & Garden, a CRH company, a division within Oldcastle APG, is one of the largest manufacturers of bagged and bulk decorative mulch, soil, stone, and limestone products in the nation with over 40 production facilities. We take pride in serving a diverse group of customers including independent garden centers, mass retailers, landscapers, contractors, and homeowners.
Oldcastle Lawn and Garden is looking for a strong leader to manage all aspects of a fast-paced mulch, soil and stone manufacturing facility located in Noblesville, IN. Daily duties include monitoring key metrics, safety, production flow and material costs. In this role, the Site Manager will have responsibility and accountability for bottom line results.
- Responsible for establishing the highest standards of in manufacturing operation, from housekeeping to safety and maintenance
- Providing exceptional leadership to staff, assessing performance, and directing all operational activities to ensure safety, product quality and consistency. Ensure employees are properly trained and equipped to perform tasks
- Ensuring workplace safety through implementation, adherence and enforcement of company standards, as well as safety programs
- Leverage existing tools to implement process improvement methods and driving high performance and productivity
- Procuring and profitably negotiating raw materials, setting up logistical details to ensure availability to meet production demand
- Implement and sustain a solid preventive maintenance program
- Responsible for financial performance of own facility (P&L, budget & forecast, inventory management, labor and capital planning)
- 2 or 4-year degree, and/or equivalent combination(s) of education, industry experience and training
- 2+ years manufacturing management experience
- Must have excellent analytical and communication skills
- Must have MS Office skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience in wood/aggregates/mining/stone products preferred
- Experience with heavy equipment
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Lawn & Garden, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.