At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's built on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
As a Ping Identity SRE, you will be involved in every facet of our On-Demand SaaS services and will be responsible for building, deploying, and maintaining the infrastructure of one of the largest identity platforms in the world. We follow a DevOps model: our teams are integrated with development teams, and running continuous deployments daily, and SREs are expected to provide input in the product's design, development, deployment, and operations.
Working within the Cloud Operations team, you'll be responsible for building automated infrastructure and deployment processes. You'll be the subject matter expert on operational excellence and how systems can be built to be resilient, redundant, scalable, and observable.
- Linux systems administration, configuration, troubleshooting and automation.
- Running and maintaining our production infrastructure hosted on AWS.
- Administration of virtualized platforms on various cloud providers (public and private).
- Analysis of complex system behavior, performance and application issues.
- Development of monitoring solutions and analysis across multiple datacenters.
- Capacity analysis and planning, traffic routing, and security policies for Ping’s market leading Single Sign-On SaaS applications.
- Develop, maintain and administration of cutting-edge infrastructure deployment tools.
- This is a 24/7 on-call position with a rotation schedule.
- 5 years’ experience with Linux/UNIX systems administration.
- Strong understanding of security design principles.
- 2 years Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Solid scripting skills (Python/Ruby/Bash/Go/etc.)
- Solid experience with server configuration via Puppet/Chef/Salt.
- Experience using Git in a team environment (merge requests, branching, push, and pulls)
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration (Kubernetes) preferred.
- Experience with Apache, Tomcat, Cassandra, Kafka, and MySQL.
- IP networking, including familiarity with the functionality, operating, and failure modes of networks.
- Proven technical troubleshooting and performance tuning experience.
- Experience in a high-volume or critical production service environment.
- Strong Jenkins background and experience with Artifactory and build pipelines.