Site Reliability Engineer
As a Site Reliability Engineer at Weedmaps you will work cross-departmentally with your partners on the application, infrastructure and quality teams to enhance the performance, reliability, resilience and scalability of the web services that make up Weedmaps. com. We are a cloud native organization with 100% of our services in Docker running on Rancher and Kubernetes in AWS public cloud. We also leverage observability, monitoring, CI/CD automation and custom tooling to push multiple production releases a day.
Your day to day focus will be leveraging your engineering skills to assist in the building out, monitoring, reducing developer toil, configuring CI workflows and improving our deployment pipelines. You will also be a knowledge reference for our development teams to ensure they are leveraging consistent tooling for metrics, logging, build, and deployment. You will work closely with the development and infrastructure teams to identify the essential service-specific metrics (beyond the golden metrics) that need to be monitored and work with application development teams to create libraries to allow services to easily instrument their services.
- Minimum 3 years of development experience at startup/mid-sized companies
- Proficiency in Go, Node, Ruby or Elixir
- Knowledge of containerization, particularly Docker (Kubernetes is a plus)
- Effective communication skills, a positive attitude, and ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Professional experience with cloud native observability standard such as Open metrics, Open tracing and Open Census
- Expertise using/configuring modern CI/CD workflows
- Intimate understanding of SLIs, SLOs and SLAs from the service level to the business level
- Intimate understanding of the golden metrics, how to monitor and alert on them
- Deep understanding of the GitHub branching strategy
- Experience troubleshooting containerized applications
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code, automation and configuration
- Collaborate with stakeholders to drive best practices for monitoring, CI/CD pipelines
- Troubleshoot deployment issues in our CI pipeline
- Advocate emphatically for the DevOPS culture here at Weedmaps
- Identify areas for automation and embrace the codification of all things
- Evangelize best practices around collaboration, reliability, security and performance to all partner teams
- Take ownership of the application configuration/scaling for given services to ensure that they are following the established practices of the organization
- Create and refine synthetic monitoring flows
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure concepts (AWS, GCS)
- Experience with Hashicorp tools such as Terraform, Consul, Vault
- Computer science or other engineering background
- Experience with CI tools such as CircleCi, Jenkins, Travis, Drone, Semaphore, etc.
- Experience with monitoring and observability tools such as with tools like Prometheus, CloudWatch, DataDog, and Grafana
- Fully covered Medical, Dental, and Vision for employee AND dependents
- Matching 401k, 50% match up to 6% of employee contribution
- 3 weeks PTO and 5 sick days
- Accident Insurance
- Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment)
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Catered lunch provided 5 days a week
- All the equipment that you need to get your work done
- Fridge is always stocked with energy drinks and other snacks
- Casual work environment, read no suit and tie required , but you are free to dress to the nines
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visitwww. dhs. gov/E-Verify.
Founded in 2008, Weedmaps is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry. Our suite of cloud-based software and data solutions includes point of sale, logistics and ordering solutions that enable customers to scale their businesses while complying with the complex and disparate regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. In addition, our platform provides consumers with information regarding cannabis products across web and mobile platforms, including listing local retailers and brands, facilitating product discovery and allowing consumers to educate themselves on cannabis and its history, uses and legal status. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Weedmaps employs more than 400 professionals around the world, with offices including Barcelona, Berlin, Boston, Denver, New York, Phoenix and Toronto.
So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps team!