Who is Virgin Pulse?
Virgin Pulse, founded as part of Sir Richard Branson’s famed Virgin Group, helps organizations build employee health and wellbeing into the DNA of their corporate cultures. As the only company to deliver a powerful, mobile-first digital platform infused with live services, including coaching and biometric screenings, Virgin Pulse’s takes a high-tech-meets-high-touch-approach to engage employees in improving across all aspects of their health and wellbeing, every day – from prevention and building a healthy lifestyle to condition and disease management to condition reversal, all while engaging users daily in building and sustaining healthy habits and behaviors. A global leader in health and wellbeing, Virgin Pulse is committed to helping change lives and businesses around the world for good so that people and organizations can thrive, together. Today, more than 3100 organizations across the globe are using Virgin Pulse’s solutions to improve health, employee wellbeing and engagement, reduce costs and create strong workplace cultures.
Who are our employees?
At Virgin Pulse we’re passionate about changing lives for good. We want to make a difference in the world by helping people be healthy so they can perform at their best, every day, at work and home. Our award-winning solutions support leading employers in improving and simplifying the employee health and wellbeing journey and engaging people in all aspects of their health. But our world-class products and programs are nothing without our people – the employees who design, build, promote, sell, test and perfect the latest innovations in workplace health and wellbeing. Our people are our top priority and we invest in their health and happiness. At Virgin Pulse, we have so much more than a strong, supportive company culture – have a shared vision for a healthier, happier world.
Who you are.
Site Reliability Engineers (SREs), sometimes known as DevOps Engineers, are a hybrid of systems and software engineers who are responsible for scaling, automation, and production issue support for applications. SRE’s have an intense passion for finding and improving efficiencies with infrastructure, development and deployment automation.
As an SRE for Virgin Pulse, you will lead the efforts of application deployment, reliability, and performance alongside the engineering and infrastructure teams
In this role, you will wear many hats but your skills will be crucial in the following:
- Create instances as deemed necessary for any environment issues or project work. Follows the ISMS control process to ensure audit and logging needs are met.
- Evaluate and modify instance types as necessary for reliable operation across all environments.
- Handle all instance related issues and work with corporate security group when needed
- Maintain and create all application and instance alerts as it relates to site reliability
- Open support cases with 3rd party providers as needed
- Evaluate and modify infrastructure autoscaling as necessary for reliable operation
- Control application code deployment servers and code deployment methods
- Maintain (evaluate and upgrade) all platform required applications and libraries (Java, Python, etc)
- Control application log collection and analysis
- Automate processes and systems configuration/deployment
- Troubleshoot issues across the entire application stack
What you bring to the team.
In order to represent the best of what we have to offer you come to us with a multitude of positive attributes including:
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools like Ansible and Terraform.
- Demonstrable knowledge of continuous integration and/or continuous deployment tools and scripting. TeamCity skills would be a bonus.
- Proficiency with AWS management (EC2, SNS/SQS, RDS) and expertise in Linux server administration
- Familiarity with scripting language such as Python or Lua
- Strong experience with supporting and building systems on the JVM
- Ability to conduct thorough investigations, including a deep dive, into reliability and scaling issues from both a code and infrastructure perspective
- Aptitude for wiring up key application performance metrics and alerting such as New Relic or Nagios.
Work to ensure system and data security is maintained at a high standard, ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the Virgin Pulse application is not compromised. Ensure industry best practice coding standards are adhered to in particular ensure all code developed at Virgin Pulse is free from bugs and security vulnerabilities, such as those defined and published by OWASP.
Why work here?
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive work environment, strong employee culture and cutting-edge technology and services — so many reasons to love it here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected class status.