Since 2012, we have built the market-leading cloud security company and an award-winning culture powered by hundreds of employees spread across offices in Santa Clara, San Francisco, Seattle, Bangalore, London, Melbourne, and Tokyo. Our core values are openness, honesty, and transparency, and we purposely developed our open desk layouts and large meeting spaces to support and promote partnerships, collaboration, and teamwork. From catered lunches and office celebrations to employee recognition events and social professional groups such as the Awesome Women of Netskope (AWON), we strive to keep work fun, supportive and interactive. Visit us at Netskope Careers and follow us on Twitter @Netskope and Facebook.
SRE in this role would focus on delivering software reliably into production. Much of our software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and eliminating work through automation. As SREs are responsible for the big picture of how our systems relate to each other, we use a breadth of tools and approaches to solve a broad spectrum of problems. Practices such as limiting time spent on operational work, blameless postmortems and proactive identification of potential outages factor into iterative improvement that is key to both product quality and interesting and dynamic day-to-day work.
- Imagine, architect, develop, deploy, and evolve CI and CD systems for the next disruptive cloud platform
- Develop innovative ways to deploy cloud application reliably anytime of the day
- Develop, maintain and enhance key parts of the release procedures and processes. Would be involved in shipping the validated code to different production environments.
- Be a team player and educate your peers about best practices around infrastructure, automation and above all deployments
- As your starter project build a CI/CD pipeline that takes incoming checkins through a testing pipeline generating deployment artifacts which are pushed to AWS, on-prem, kvm and baremetal.
- Participate on call rotation to handle escalated production issues
- 5+ years experience with troubleshooting Unix/Linux
- 3+ years of experience in managing a large-scale web operations role
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in one or more of the following: Python, Go, Perl or Ruby
- 3+ years of experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis, and software design.
- Experience with distributed storage platform
- A deep understanding of web technologies and stability & reliability engineering.
- Senior level experience in one of the following areas: Network, Systems, or Configuration management tool such as Ansible
- Select, deploy, administer and support 3rd party tools as needed, like Jenkins Jobs/Plugins/Settings and Integration through CI/CD platform
- Support services before they go live in production through activities such as system design consulting, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Experience developing and deploying Ansible plays or Chef recipes or equivalent in production and/or similar environment.
- Automating the installation and upkeep of build tools and dependencies
- Design and develop tools to monitor CI/CD pipelines.
- Trace complex build problems, release issues, and environmental issues in a large scale distributed environment.
- Strong with Git and Linux or equivalent
- Solid understanding of Virtualization and Container technologies is a must and experience in working with Docker and Kubernetes is required
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (including listening, speaking, and writing) and the ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment with other SREs, developers, Product Managers, etc
- Be ready to be part of 12x7 rotation for escalations, work with your counterparts in the overseas team to handoff or take on active issues
- BS or MS in Computer Science or similar technical degree or equivalent experience