Location: GM Lordstown
Title: Site Safety
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Effectively lead by guiding and educating employees on safety best practices and safety policies/procedures with the ultimate goal of continually reducing the onset of injuries and improving site safety performance.
* Serve as a technical expert on hazard recognition, assessment & counter-measuring in a variety of industrial environments including but not limited to Maintenance, Grounds and Industrial/Technical Cleaning operations.
* Periodically review, analyze, and report safety data to site Operations leadership.
* Coordinate compliance programs/procedures with responsible facility personnel. * Periodically perform safety management process and regulatory compliance audits.
* Teach, coordinate and/or lead local safety training and education processes.
* Coordination and participation of Leadec's incident investigation process serving primarily as a facilitator and technical advisor.
* Assist and advise in the selection of personnel protective equipment.
* Coordinate and assist with industrial hygiene monitoring programs.
* Maintain safety training/medical records in accordance with legal requirements and company policy.
* Ensure all incident/injury reports are submitted properly in accordance with legal requirements and company policy, including Workers' Compensation claims.
* Coordinate and lead Site Safety Team activities.
* 1 years of related experience or equivalent.
* Excellent attention to detail and follow-through; an interest in understanding federal, state, and local safety & health regulations.
* Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects/activities.
* Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization as well as with customers, vendors and regulatory agencies
* Partner with regional safety management and facility management to advance the safety leadership skills among management and employee teams in an effort to assist them anticipate, identify and evaluate hazardous behaviors, work practices and conditions.
* Excellent professional ethics
* Good interpersonal, deductive reasoning and coaching skills
* Must demonstrate competency level in personal computing skills including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite
Physical Requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee successfully perform the key actions of job: The employee is required to talk and/or hear in an industrial setting (noise level is moderate). The employee is frequently required to stand and walk on concrete surface from 6-10 hours. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The vision requirements: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception and adjust focus.
OSHA 500 Certification
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled