A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
We are seeking a Site Sanitation Manager for our Mars Wrigley site in Waco, TX.
*Company paid relocation is not available for this position. We will consider offering a sign-on bonus to offset relocation expenses (if applicable).*
This position provides direction and leadership in the area of sanitation and plant hygiene in a manufacturing facility. This individual will drive the strategy, development, implementation and sustainability of a cleaning and sanitation program to meet regulatory, global and corporate requirements related to food safety and sanitation. They will provide the technical expertise that will implement new and creative technologies, processes and procedures that will reduce microbiological risk and product contamination.
This associate will provide support to the site by supervising and coordinating activities of contractors and associates engaged in duties concerned with food safety, cleaning and sanitation that enable the reliable delivery of products. This position also supports plant profitability by leading sanitation efficiency, including development of more efficient cleaning methods, developing standard work, training, cleaning validation and identification of operational savings. This role will lead indirect reports.
What would be your key responsibilities?
- Develops and updates sanitation procedures to reflect accurate cleaning processes, correct sanitation chemical management and correct sanitation tasks, executing best practices within Mars.
- Ensures that all sanitation standard work is properly documented and implemented.
- Verify SSOP’s are being followed as intended. This may involve the need to support during weekend or night shift hours occasionally.
- Trains sanitation personnel and operations on Sanitation Procedures, proper chemical usage and handling.
- Ensures site Master Sanitation Schedule meets the Mars Global and Regional requirements and regulatory requirements.
- Continued professional development with an ability to leverage new techniques, best practices and other experts in the Sanitation field to current situation.
- Promotes sanitation philosophies and ensure all levels of participation.
- During investigations, support swabbing activities to verify cleaning effectiveness. Lead cleaning events/activities during incidents and investigation.
- Leads continuous improvement as it relates to sanitation programs.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent is required (Engineering, Applied Sciences, Food Science, or relevant Technical degree).
- Must be willing to complete specific college courses, sanitation courses and microbiological courses as required to carry out the functions of the role.
- Three (3) years of experience in driving a robust and sustainable sanitation program in CPG manufacturing.
- Five (5) plus years of experience in driving a robust and sustainable sanitation program in CPG manufacturing preferred.
- Must have a working knowledge of Food and Drug Laws, OSHA requirements, etc.
- Should have a broad understanding of major functions within the plant and the ability to work directly with individuals at all levels and functions.
What can you expect from Mars?
- The opportunity to learn, develop and take charge of your own career.
- An industry competitive compensation and benefits package.
- The opportunity to work cross functionally, add value and impact a better world for generations to come.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.