Since 1947, Crowder has built a legacy of success in the construction industry. We work throughout the Southeast on heavy construction infrastructure projects ranging from bridges, dams, water and waste water treatment facilities, power plants and other energy facilities. We are a general contractor who self performs civil, electrical and mechanical trades on both traditional and more complex alternative delivery projects.
As a family-owned company, it is the spirit of not only doing the right things, but doing things the right way that is the true legacy of our founders and our people. Crowder is Building America and Proud of It® as reflected in our Mission Statement:
We are dedicated to superior performance and committed to making a positive difference for our clients, for our communities, and in the lives of our employees.
If you are looking for a career, not just a job, with a company committed to your future, apply today.
CROWDER IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY (EOE) AFFIRMATIVE ACTION (AA) EMPLOYER
Qualified Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Crowder is a Drug Free Workplace and E-Verify Employer
REQUIREMENTS: ALL Applicants must be:
- 18 years of Age
- Able to Pass a Drug Test
- Legally Eligible to Work in the US
- Additional Requirements for Craftworkers:
- Must have own transportation to and from jobsite every work day (driver's license not required)
- Must provide own hand tools (excluding power tools)
- May be expected to travel where the project requires (multi-state opportunities)
This position will be located in the Arlington Texas area and will last 1 year or more. The scope is $10M and anyone applying needs to describe in detail their previous history as a Superintendent on similar sized industrial jobs. The project will be getting underway near the end of March 2018. The crew size will max out at 15 people. Pay is dependent on experience and will be discussed with qualified candidates.
Primary function of a Civil Superintendent:
Manage and give instruction to a Project Organization that includes multiple craft superintendents, foremen, and lead people and may include an office staff of time clerks, material logistics manager, and coordinate all activities with site safety, site quality control, cost controllers, project engineers, and project managers per Crowder standards in safety, quality, and overall project requirements.
Typical Duties including but not limited to:
- Lead by example and champion Crowder s Safety First philosophy by stressing the importance and expectations of it in order to maintain continued employment at the Company.
- Manage and educate subordinates on both Crowder and site specific safety requirements; review all follow-up documentation from division safety manager to assure compliance.
- Oversee the management of reprimands of all personnel involved in a safety infraction to ensure there is a consistent basis of correction to maintain a good safety attitude on the project.
- Manage the facilitation, promotion, and education of the implementation and usage of the Pre Task Plan (PTP).
- Review, with the Site Safety Coordinator and Division Safety Manager, audits of PTPs throughout the duration of a project and recommend changes as necessary to enhance the utilization of the PTP program.
Quality & Execution
- Lead by example and champion Crowder s Quality Installation Standards.
- Manage the education of subordinates on Crowder and site specific quality expectations and requirements; review the follow-up documentation from Division QA/QC to assure compliance.
- Perform and/or review, for accuracy, detailed material/equipment takeoffs for the purpose of estimating, budgets, and the execution of all work being performed. Takeoffs must be detailed enough to execute a Purchase Order with the correct cost coding, taxes, and costs.
- Read, understand, and manage the education of subordinates in regard to all project drawings, specifications, and other contract documents so that work can be executed to the site specific requirements.
- Review, with site quality control and the division QA/QC manager, that all work being installed to assure it meets both Crowder and the project s quality standards as specified.
- Review data and report the utilization of equipment, materials, and man hours on a daily/weekly basis to assure that work is executed within the budgets of project scope. Make changes as required to staffing, tools, equipment, materials, etc. in order to meet the goals and objectives of the overall project execution plan.
- Communicate well, both verbally and in writing, with Owners, Engineers, Subcontractors, Vendors, and Crowder Management.
- Communicate/coordinate flow of information from Owners, Contractors, Engineers, Subcontractors, Vendors, and upper Crowder management to subordinates in order to facilitate the best management decisions for the entire project.
- Provide verbal and written information to subordinates in managing the project schedule, cost, change in scope, delays, and coordination with other contractors, engineers deliverables, vendor deliverables, and equipment utilization requirements in a weekly staff meeting to ensure all information is being communicated as required.
- Review the status, with all managers, regarding on-time placement, at the work site, of safety items, materials, process equipment, and tools or equipment to perform work ensuring all project goals and objectives are met.
- Manage all work exhibiting high moral values, unquestionable ethics, and good work habits to ensure Crowder s Mission Statement is being adhered to.
- Manage subordinates on a daily basis and hold them accountable for their project responsibilities.
- Make changes for the betterment of the project to ensure Crowder is meeting or exceeding safety, quality, and productivity requirements.
- Audit and provide final approve of all man-hours reported by superintendents and foremen for accuracy regarding hours and cost coding.
- Jointly manage and update, with the project manager, the project cost status on labor, materials, subcontractors, and equipment for monthly forecasting.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications, & Experience:
- 4-8 years of Foreman and Superintendent experience.
- Excellent attendance record with prior employers and/or Crowder.
- Have an understanding of Crowder s Safety First Philosophy and demonstrate it through his/her actions and the acceptance of all Crowder Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Have an understanding of Crowder s Quality Installation Standards and demonstrate them through acceptance of all Crowder QA/QC Processes and Procedures.
- Proficient in reading and understanding all drawings, specifications, and all project requirements.
- Possess superior skill set and proven record of above average performance in his/her field of expertise/craft.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage multiple operations and look aheads to facilitate planning and execution of work to meet the project schedule and cost requirements.
- Proficient in personal time management.
- Demonstrate strong listening and verbal communication skills.
- Possess basic computer knowledge in Word and Excel. Maintain an understanding/working knowledge of Primavera scheduling as well as COINS reports with cost forecasting of the project work.
- Must have a valid, non-restrictive driver s license
At the heart of Crowder s Mission Statement is the commitment to make a positive difference in the lives of our employees. Our comprehensive benefits package is custom-designed to achieve that goal through access to the following benefits:
- Health Plans, including Medical, Dental and Vision
- Healthcare Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness Program with Incentives
- 401k Savings and Profit Sharing Plan with Matching Contributions
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Voluntary and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Hospital Indemnity and Critical Illness
- Company Paid Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Crowder YOUniversity Career-Based Training
- Educational Assistance
- Direct Deposit
Benefits may vary based on position and length of employment.