Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Other Protected Category
Country: United States
Location: East Berlin, CT, US
Employment type: Undefined term
Country: United States (US)
Location: East Berlin, Connecticut (US-CT)
At Konecranes, we believe that great customer experience is built on the people behind the Konecranes name - people committed to providing our customers with lifting equipment and services that lift their businesses. Everything we do, we do with passion and drive.
We believe diversity drives business success and is the foundation for our growth. We welcome different backgrounds and skills that enrich our community and we promote a place where we can ALL be ourselves. This is what makes Konecranes a unique place to work.
Position Title: Site Supervisor
Reports To: Service Manager
Konecranes is seeking an individual that has prior experience with cranes to join our team as a Site Supervisor. The Site Supervisor completes the established schedule of customer inspections and preventative maintenance. Konecranes employees work in a safety first type of environment and the Site Supervisor is responsible for following all established safety rules and procedures, including rules established by the clients. In this role you will be performing inspections and will also be providing quick quotes to clients as needed.
- Complete the site established schedule of customer required Inspections & Preventative Maintenance ensuring the schedule is completed or alternative arrangements are made.
- Ensure performance of Inspections & Preventative Maintenance within the allowed hours without compromising safety or quality. Communicate exceptions to supervisor as soon as possible.
- Ensure that Inspections are performed in accordance with established standards and within current Service Product parameters. Document findings and make corrective recommendations to the customer for inspected equipment including a "Safety Summary" list of any observed or known safety concerns. Determine the customer's intention to purchase repairs and communicate any actions needed to sell or complete repairs.
- Consult with customer representatives regarding repair and safety related issues. Prepare labor, material, special tools, equipment requirements or hazards to complete all repairs.
- Provide proper checklists and required forms for all inspection or service related documentation. This includes Service Reports, Time Sheets and Inspection Reports; obtain customer signatures on appropriate forms to document acceptance.
- Provide daily supervision & support for site based Inspector/ Technicians with guidance from the Service Manager and/or Supervisor or higher level management. Perform spot checks to ensure highest level of quality & workmanship.
- Provide Quick Quote for immediate service or repair needs as requested by customer; obtain customer signature on appropriate forms to document acceptance. Complete and provide proper checklists and required forms for each Quick Quote to the appropriate person for tracking and follow up.
- Read, understand and apply the contents of OSHA, ANSI, CMAA, HMI and other codes or regulations pertaining to the industry. Refresh and update knowledge periodically. Assist other site based personnel with questions related to Inspection practices, software and documentation.
- Ensure the completion of all required paperwork and documentation a professional, accurate, neat and legible manner and submit same in a timely manner and in accordance with established guidelines.
- Maintain regular communication with the Branch Office in accordance with established practices.
- Coordinate with the branch Service Supervisor for additional site work manpower.
- Maintain all company issued equipment, vehicle and assets in a safe and proper working order. Operate tools, equipment and vehicles in a safe and responsible manner. Notify the local branch office of any deficiencies and assist in resolution of issues.
- Maintain a supply of forms, literature, inventory and miscellaneous materials onsite.
- Document use or sale to customer as required.
- Follow all established safety rules and procedures, including those established by the customer.
- Maintain company vehicle and uniforms in a clean and presentable manner.
- Participate in monthly safety meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associate's degree in Industrial Electrical/Mechanical Technology or related field or equivalent vocational/technical training and experience is preferred.
Experience: Minimum two (2) year experience in crane service or related field or equivalent experience. Six (6) months experience as a Service Technician preferred. Experience in customer service/sales role preferred. Must be willing and able to work off the ground. Good written, verbal and computer skills
Other Requirements: Must have and maintain a good driving record, including a valid driver's license. Occasional varied overtime as required by customer and be available for "on-call" as part of the site requirements.
*KC #monus #cbus #nxt
Konecranes, Inc. and its affiliates will not accept resumes from external recruiters or agencies without a Service Agreement and Agency Portal submission. Any resumes sent without a Service Agreement and Agency Portal submission with Konecranes, Inc. are void of any fees and free for internal use. Applicable Konecranes data protection obligations are the responsibility of the agency.
Konecranes is a world-leading group of Lifting Businesses™, serving a broad range of customers. We are truly a global company with 18,000 employees at 600 locations in 50 countries. For over 80 years, we have been dedicated to improving the efficiency and performance of businesses in all types of industries. We believe that sustainable growth is a result of a strong responsible performance. .
- Donation-Matching Program
- Paid sick days
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Stock Options
- Paid Holidays
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Vacation/paid time off
92,812.00 - 92,812.00 /yearWhat is this?
Site Safety Manager
Site Safety Manager