Position duties include Sales Management, Inventory Management, Product Support Management and full financial statement responsibility as it relates to the daily business of Sitech Michigan a construction technology provider. As well as planning and executing the “Connected Worksite” strategy for Sitech MCAT.
- Position has full financial statement responsibility and specifically responsible for bottom line profit for the SITECH division.
- Responsible for Sales and Operations management with focus on customer strategies, new technology development, product support, including bench service, field service, phone support, training, and inventory management for state wide sales and support team.
- Execution of all Grade Control and Mining technology Sales and support strategies, new technology development, achieving Sales and Support financial targets, asset management, employee selection and development, ensuring excellent customer service, and business planning.
- Will play a leading role in developing and executing a 2-state merger and growth plan and eventually manage both states along with Business Development Manager.
- Meet or exceed market share objectives; achieving profitability with a high level of both customer and employee satisfaction.
- Manages Technology Product Sales and Support Specialists, ensuring a seamless approach to both product sales and support.
- Grows GPS Technologies business and ensures the business is profitable.
- Serves as primary liaison between Caterpillar, Trimble and MacAllister; maintains a technical understanding of the industry and customer value drivers within the industries served by the product support operation.
- Develops, recruits, trains and directly manages the Technology Product Sales and Support Specialists. Informs management about training and support teams’ activities.
- Strategically plan business initiatives, providing both short and long term strategic direction.
- Support the marketing and selling of GPS products, product support and training curriculum; assisting Technology Sales and Support Specialists with product presentations.
- Remain on cutting edge of new product development in GPS products for the earthmoving industry including machine grade control, site preparation, business and site management, office management, fleet tracking and data management software(s).
- Budgets and manages training and support revenue and expenses to ensure targeted levels of profitability.
- Budgets and manages Bench and Field Service support revenue and expenses to ensure targeted levels of profitability.
- Effectively manages Whole goods and Parts inventories to ensure targeted levels of profitability.
- Develops training materials for customers and employees; utilizes latest technologies to better train the customer in the most efficient and productive manner.
- Develops strong business relationship and trust with MacAllister construction equipment sales force as well as building direct customer relationships
- Bachelor or Associate Degree in Surveying Technology or Civil Engineering or closely related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience working in the field of survey engineering, GPS Technology or closely related.
- Demonstrated knowledge of GPS machine control technology including Trimble, Caterpillar Accugrade and associated positioning products.
- Strong PC Skills including Accugrade Office Products, Trimble Office Products and survey data 3D design modules such as Terra Model.
- Dedicated self starter with the ability to work independently without the need for daily direct supervision and a strong sense of urgency.
- Strong verbal, non-verbal and written communication skills and listening skills.
- A team player possessing the ability to professionally work with customers, vendors, peers and co-workers as well as the ability to develop strong, long term relationships.
- Strong customer service skills and a thorough understanding of Price, Quality and Turnaround principles.
The duties and responsibilities described here are not a comprehensive list, and the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
MacAllister Machinery Co Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)