Working Union Skilled Trades Crew Leader responsible for daily coordination of maintenance team members in a heavy manufacturing environment. The role shall provide technical support and collaboration between the maintenance, engineering, and production teams, with focus on Health & Safety administration, Quality Systems compliance, Planned Maintenance, Problem Solving, and Associate Relations.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead team huddle meetings to communicate daily objectives
- Maintain maintenance KPI’s and metrics
- Monitor and manage equipment uptime
- Communicate safety concerns or issues
- Coordinate employee work schedules
- Administer employee job assignments and prioritize through the use of the maintenance SAP Work Order tracking boards
- Assist in equipment troubleshooting activities
- Communicate and schedule shift to shift down equipment carry overs
- Assist in problem solving activities
- Assist Group Leader in training requirements
- Assist in the development of spare parts requirements and availability
- Work with Group Leader to schedule maintenance team overtime.
- Administer LOTO and other critical safety requirements
- Assist in unplanned staffing requirements and perform other duties as needed
- Become equipment Subject Matter Expert
- Prior supervisory or team lead experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Journeyman license (electrical or mechanical) or equivalent technical experience/education required.
- Experience in industrial maintenance including robotic, hydraulic, PLC, CNC, welding, etc.
- (provide credentials upon request)
- High school diploma or GED.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Must be able to communicate clearly through written and verbal means with associates at all organizational levels
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Working knowledge of computer programs including Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes and SAP preferred
- Demonstrated decision making, initiative and self-directed skills required