Wound Care Nurse (RN) AdventHealth Care Center Orlando North
Walk-in Applicants Welcome for Immediate Interview
- AdventHealth Care Center’s mission to “Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ”
- The opportunity and encouragement to truly care for and love the patients/residents they serve
- The opportunity to work with like-minded co-workers who believe and support the organization’s mission
- The patient-centric focus of meeting the needs of the patient/residents
- Being part of a large healthcare organization where we can be “Greater as a Whole”
Work Hours/Shift: Full Time, Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Responsible for checking daily assigned mailbox. Responds as required to memos from staff and management regarding skin care issues or requests for assessments.
- Responsible for reviewing daily the 24 hour report and new orders for potential resident condition changes that may require an assessment.
- Attend the following committees daily: Abbreviated Quality Assessment and Assurance Committee, Admission Committee, and Nutritional at Risk (NAR) Committee.
- Attend the following: Patient Care Conference, Nutritional Assessment Committee (NAR) and Care Plan Meeting.
- Responsible for chairing the Skin Care Committee meeting.
- Required to review the Utilization Review Committee (UR) report for potential residents requiring evaluation and/or recommendations.
- Meet with Central Supply coordinator once a week to review the Medication Administration Record (MAR), Treatment Administration Record (TAR), and check supply orders.
- Conduct wound rounds weekly and provide report for rounds weekly to Director of Nursing.
- Responsible for immediately notifying the Director of Nursing of any new areas of in-house skin breakdowns.
- Attend resident care plan meetings as required.
- Assist with the education of staff, residents, and their families regarding skin care and/or wound care.
- Complete wound analysis form from the assessment schedule once a week. A wound analysis must be completed for each resident’s wound. Ensure all wounds are documented and displayed on the weekly wound report.
What You Will Need:
- Current Basic Life Support (CPR) certification
- Current Registered Nurse license in the state hired
The Skin Integrity Nurse assesses, plans, and continuously evaluates the skin conditions of the facility’s existing Resident population and does a baseline skin assessment on new admissions. This is inclusive of assessing wounds and documenting detailed descriptions of the wound or skin condition. Appropriate orders to support recommendations must be written and care planned. Reviews and assesses the Skin Integrity/Wound Care Program for quality improvement.