Granger Medical Clinic has an immediate opening for aFull Time Sleep Technicianat our Murray and West Jordan locations. The shift is primarily day with occasional nights
Granger Medical Clinic
Murray and West Jordan, UT
A Sleep Technician performs comprehensive polysomnographic testing and analysis, and associated interventions under the general oversight of a Sleep Technologist (RPSGT) and/or the clinical director (MD, PhD, DO) or designee. A Sleep Technician can provide supervision of a Sleep Trainee.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to recognize and provide age specific care in the treatment, assessment, and education of neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
- Comply with applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and standards regarding safety and infection control issues.
- Perform routine equipment care and maintenance and inventory evaluation.
- Maintain current CPR or BCLS certification.
- Demonstrate effective written and spoken communication skills.
- Demonstrate appropriate social skills.
- Demonstrate ability to follow direction.
- Respond to study participant's procedural-related inquiries by providing appropriate information.
- Follow procedural protocols such as Multiple Sleep Latency Test (MSLT), Maintenance of Wakefulness Test (MWT), parasomnia studies, PAP and oxygen titration, etc. to ensure collection of appropriate data.
- Follow "lights out" procedures to establish and document baseline values (such as body position, oxyhemoglobin saturation, respiratory and heart rates, etc.)
- Perform polysomnographic data acquisition while monitoring study-tracing quality to ensure signals are artifact-free and make adjustments, if necessary.
- Document routine observations, including sleep stages and clinical events, changes in procedure, and other significant events in order to facilitate scoring and interpretation of polysomnographic results.
- Implement appropriate interventions (including actions necessary for patient safety and therapeutic intervention such as continuous and bi-level positive airway pressure, oxygen administration, etc.)
- Follow "lights on" procedures to verify integrity of collected data and complete the data collection process (e.g. repeats the physiological and instrument calibrations and instructs the patient on completing questionnaires, etc.)
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Review history, physical information, medications, procedure request, and study protocol.
- Complete and verify documentation.
- Explain the procedure and orient the patient to the sleep center.
- Prepare and calibrate equipment required for testing to determine proper functioning and make adjustments, if necessary.
- Apply electrodes and sensors according to accepted published standards.
- Perform appropriate physiologic calibrations to ensure proper signals and make adjustments, if necessary.
- Perform routine positive airway pressure (PAP) mask fitting.
- Assist with scoring sleep/wake stages by applying professionally accepted guidelines.
- Assist with scoring clinical events (such as respiratory events, cardiac events, limb movements, arousals, etc.) with center specific protocols.
- Assist with the generation of accurate reports by tabulating sleep/wake and clinical event data.
Education and Experience:
- High School Graduate or G.E.D. equivalent.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, medical, dental, vision, FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Life, Disability, EAP, 401(k), and profit share.
Granger Medical Clinic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Granger Medical Clinic complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, genetic information and testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.0