Position Title: Smallwares Manager
Supervisor: Branch Manager
Works closely with Branch Manager to ensure efficient operation of the Smallwares Department. Assists with personnel issues and supervision of Smallwares Department. Maintains a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly and efficient customer service. Supports the Branch Manager in maintaining company standards.
- Supervises, trains, evaluates and delegates tasks to Aisle-person/Stockers in Smallwares Department
- Ensures friendly, efficient and professional customer service.
- Ensures compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Assists customers with product location and detailed information when needed.
- Plans and prepares work schedules to include lunch and vacation.
- Maintains stock and places special orders as needed.
- Communicates with customers and vendors in order to satisfy customer needs.
- Physically breaks down pallets, stocks product and organizes displays.
- Maintains shelf tags, flyers and signage up to date and visible
- Ensures area is maintained organized and clean.
- Ensures employees are following company policies and procedures including safety.
- Performs other work-related duties as required and assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Minimum 2 years experience in retail or wholesale.
- Proven leadership skills; ability to supervise and direct employees.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, employees, vendors and customers
- Ability to calculate figures, and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, mass and volume.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Commitment to company values and strong customer orientation.
- For the most part the ambient temperature will be moderate.
- The work is performed standing/walking – must be able to stand/walk for up to 4 hours without a break
- Physical labor is moderate to high (seasonal) – must be able to lift and carry up to 50lbs must be able to push and pull up to 400 lbs on a cart with wheels. As necessary lift 50 – 75 lbs.
- There will be industrial vehicles (forklifts, Hilo) moving material throughout the warehouse.