This position is responsible for executing policies and procedures for inventory control, overseeing the reserve recommendation process, managing cycle counting policies and periodic physical inventory audits, and educating and training teams on inventory practices. Specifically, the responsibilities of this position include:
- Implement a formal inventory control program in our 3PL distribution centers.
- Execute formalized inventory procedures.
- Generate detailed cycle counts in order to provide measurable inventory results.
- Efficiently utilize and improve inventory reports for both internal and external use.
- Working with the sourcing team, develop and implement a Min and Max levels of critical commonly used consumables for optimizing the operations
- Identifies, prioritizes, develops and implements complex cross-functional inventory control process improvement projects that include forward-thinking on project introduction/development/implementation.
- Develops and implements strategies to simplify process, improve accuracy, and improve operating efficiency.
- Lead and perform audits to ensure compliance to all processes and to measure effectiveness.
- Provides appropriate direction and support to team members to ensure effectiveness and efficiency of inventory controls systems and procedures.
- Become an expert user of MRP and ERP systems which manage inventory levels, being able to support and educate team members on its daily use.
- Excellent leadership ability.
- Proven organizational and analytical skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive problem solving ability.
- Strong strategic thinking skills.
- Proven hands on experience with ERP / MRP systems
Qualifications and Experience
- 3 years inventory management experience, including overseeing large inventories and audit procedures.
- Associates Degree in Accounting, Inventory Management, similar financial-based field, or equivalent years of hands-on experience