Open Until Filled
The Wyoming Department of Corrections contributes to public safety by exercising reasonable, safe, secure, and humane management, while actively providing offenders opportunities to become law-abiding citizens. The Field Services Division is responsible for the community supervision and case management of probationers and parolees. We are a progressive department that offers job variety and challenges working with offenders and the community to make a positive difference.
Human Resource Contact: 307-777-6136 email@example.com
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
- Maintenance, surveillance, and supervision of a caseload of adult probationers and parolees.
- Maintains standards of supervision to provide public safety and assist offenders in the re-socialization and reintegration into the community as law-abiding citizens.
- Documents all contact with offenders in the case management system.
- Monitors Defendant's compliance and progress.
- Provides the courts, boards, institutions, and other states with offender progress reports, violation reports, and recommendations.
- Collaborates with Government and private organizations to meet offender needs.
- Investigates possible supervision violations.
- Conducts searches and seizures of evidence.
- Provides weekly testimony in court, as applicable.
- Conducts compliance visits to the offender's home and job site.
- Facilitate cognitive-behavioral programs with offenders in a group setting.
- Monitors urine sample collections to determine if offenders violate substance abuse requirements.
- Works with high-risk offenders.
- Interviews evaluate and conduct investigations into the offender's background and criminal history to determine their individual risks and needs.
- Provides and utilizes appropriate incentives and sanctions to achieve desired behaviors.
- Makes recommendations regarding the disposition of cases, up to and including revocation.
- Interviews victims & insurance companies to determine victim losses and make collateral contacts with outside sources to verify the information.
- Maintains case management files to include collections of schedules and other probation related materials.
- Works in collaboration with offenders to engage them in the development of case plans designed around the offenders' individual risk and needs.
- Interprets data from various assessment tools to determine offenders' risk and needs and to determine an appropriate level of supervision.
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Rock Springs, Wyoming
Agency: 080-Field Services - Offender Management