Our DC Metro based client is looking for Tier 2 SOC Analysts. If you are interested in these openings, please forward a copy of your updated resume in word format to email@example.com
Must Have One of the Following J3 Certifications
Tier 2 Monitoring:
GCIA – Intrusion Analyst
GREM – Reverse Engineering Malware
GPPA – Perimeter Protection Analyst
GISF – Security Fundamentals
GXPN – Exploit Researcher and Advanced Penetration Tester
GWEB – Web Application Defender
GNFA – Network Forensic Analyst
GMON – Continuous Monitoring Certification
OSCP (Certified Professional)
OSCE (Certified Expert)
OSWP (Wireless Professional)
OSEE (Exploitation Expert)
SEI (Software Engineering Institute)
CCSP – Certified Cloud Security Professional
CISSP – Certified Information Systems Security
CEH – Certified Ethical Hacker
LPT – Licensed Penetration Tester
ECSA – EC-Council Certified Security Analyst
ENSA – EC-Council Network Security Administrator
CNDA – Certified Network Defense Architect
ECSS – EC-Council Certified Security Specialist
ECSP – EC-Council Certified Secure Programmer
ECES – EC-Council Certified Encryption Specialist
Cyber Analyst Course
Tier 2 Analyst, you would work on a shift schedule, as described below. All shifts total 80 hours every 2 weeks, and multiple shift options are often available.
- Day: 7 AM to 7 PM
- Night: 7 PM to 7 AM
- Front: Sunday through Tuesday, with alternating 8-hour shifts every other Wednesday
- Back: Thursday through Saturday, with alternating 8-hour shifts every other Wednesday
In this job, you will:
- Conduct malware analysis, host and network, forensics, log analysis, and triage in support of incident response.
- Recognize attacker and APT activity, tactics, and procedures as indicators of compromise (IOCs) that can be used to improve monitoring, analysis and incident response.
- Develop and build security content, scripts, tools, or methods to enhance the incident investigation processes.
- Lead Incident Response activities and mentor junior SOC staff.
- Work with key stakeholders to implement remediation plans in response to incidents.
- Effectively investigative and identify root cause findings then communicate findings to stakeholders including technical staff, and leadership.
- Be a flexible and adaptable self-starter with strong relationship-building skills
- Demonstrate strong problem solving abilities with an analytic and qualitative eye for reasoning
- Demonstrate ability to independently prioritize and complete multiple tasks with little to no supervision
The candidate must be able to attain a DoD Public Trust Clearance
The candidate must be able to attain a DHS EOD Clearance.
A Tier 2 SOC Analyst should have expertise in one of the following specialized areas:
- Email Security
- Monitoring and detection
- Incident response
- Cyber intelligence analysis
- Supporting detection, containment, and eradication of APT activities targeting customer networks.
Cyber Security Analyst