Columbia College Chicago is an acclaimed undergraduate and graduate institution that provides a comprehensive education in the arts, communications and public relations. We constantly aim to reach our full potential as an educational innovator, incubator of new creative practice and generator of real-world success for young creatives. We are located in the heart of Chicago, across the street from historic Grant Park, and housed in some of the most iconic buildings in the South Loop.
Columbia College Chicago a private urban institution of over 6,000 undergraduate and graduate students, four-year College offering a distinctive curriculum that blends liberal arts, creative and media arts and business is currently searching for a Social Media Manager.
The Social Media Manager in the News Office, Office of Strategic Communications & External Relations (SCER) is responsible for research, planning, monitoring and development of ad buys content for the College's various social media channels (Twitter, Facebook Instagram and LinkedIn) to attract and encourage prospective students’ interest, engagement, and enrollment and develops and implements strategies to connect prospective and current students and faculty and staff with college and departmental activities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement opportunities to share news about the College and engage prospective students and their influencers through a variety of channels.
- Develop and implement a social media content strategy that elevates the visibility and reach of major college, faculty, student and alumni successes.
- Create and manage a content calendar with the assistance of the SCER team members that is reflective of the Communications Plan
- Facilitate the strategy, testing, and measurement of new and existing social media initiatives using Columbia’s social media monitoring service.
- Propose ways to grow and engage users across all online communication channels, and strengthen relationships with prospective students.
- Develop and execute a social media strategy around major recruitment campaigns and meaningful storytelling campaigns, that include faculty, staff, alumni and current students.
- Develop regular reports to senior staff about social media results through metrics/tracking.
- Collaborate closely with Enrollment Management and the Development and Alumni Relations Department to integrate social media strategy with larger recruitment and enrollment goals.
- Provide counsel and training for official department social users across the college.
- Work with Design team to develop social media graphics as necessary in accordance with brand standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a related area and 3 years of progressive experience in social media management.
- Proven ability to effectively utilize data-driven audience/user research and editorial programming.
- Proven experience in building paid social media campaigns; establishing and targeting user profiles to drive engagement and redirect to audiences to desired content.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a deadline-driven environment with artful, concise, precise communications style.
- In-depth knowledge and enthusiasm for emerging social media channels and trends required.
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience with, and passion for, creating and consuming new content, and identifying and utilizing appropriate content streams: transcripts, articles, surveys, websites, podcasts, web seminars, podcasts, wikis, blogs, social sites, etc.
- Experience moderating group discussions and managing social media influencers.
- Experience with establishing social media user guides and & policies/guidelines a plus.
- Familiarity with higher education or creative industries a plus.
At Columbia, we offer a rewarding work environment for our faculty and staff. We take pride in offering competitive benefits with affordable health, dental and vision coverage; flexible spending accounts; commuter benefit program, life and accidental, death & dismemberment coverage; paid and unpaid leave options; work/life benefits; educational assistance programs; and retirement and financial planning benefits.
We invite you to join our talented faculty and staff and become part of our collective aspiration to ensure Columbia prepares students for success in their creative fields through innovation, engagement and real-world experiences.
Position subject to a background screening.
This is a non-union position.
This position is overtime eligible.
Qualified candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Columbia College Chicago is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all local, state, and federal laws and regulations concerning civil rights. The college does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law.