Title: Social Media Producer (Content Creator)
Duration: 1-6 months
Location: Initially for 1 month in New York, NY 10012 then Newark, NJ 07102 [Candidate must be able to work onsite in NY office till Feb 2020, then must work from NJ office.]
Mars Wrigley Confectionery is looking for a Social Media Producer (Content Creator) based in SoHo until Feb 2020 when it relocates to Newark, NJ.
This role will be based in SoHo NYC with 3-4 trips a month working from the MWC National Office in Hackettstown, NJ. The office will be relocating to Newark, NJ (across Penn station) on 2/10 /2020. Relocation assistance is not available for this role. Looking for an immediate start date. The job will last a minimum of 1 month, 40 hours per week, but we are looking for candidates who are interested in turning this into a full-time permanent role (as we are actively hiring to fill 5 content producer roles on the team due to a recent expansion). We typically look for candidates with 1-3 year existing experience but are open to those just out of school with a strong portfolio.
The Social Media Producer will become the look, feel and visual creative content production leader of multiple MWC’s brands on social media.
Within the MWC Media & Digital department, oversee and manage the production of social media visual content cross-platform for one of Mars Wrigley Confectionery brands.
• Produce engaging, creative visual social content for the brand’s existing North America social communities (photo, video, gif…) and adapt our existing brand voice to the social environment.
• Expand the brand’s North America social visual creative content production across relevant platforms (Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter & Pinterest)
• Deliver a consistent social media visual content production strategy, and look and feel for the brand, that is uniquely adapted to each social platform and audience, and targets Millennial and Gen Z generations
• Define the visual look and feel of the brand per platform, per medium, and produce visual content accordingly
• Create content in a variety of executions, from still images to videos, live streams to GIFs/Cinemagraphs etc…
• Deliver visual content against production plans on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
• Work with internal parties (Social, PR, Media, Shopper Marketing…) and agencies (Creative, PR…) on adapting 360 campaigns and big ideas onto social with adapted social content productions
• Be reactive to culturally relevant trends and moments, and resourceful in productions to move efficiently with speed
• Monitor & research consumer conversations, competition, industry, creative trends and ideate breakthrough social activations, content inspiration and productions
Please note that a key feature of this role is to work in active collaboration with a variety of teams: Internal (Social counterparts, Brand team, PR, Media, Shopper Marketing…) and External partners (Media, PR, Creative agencies…) on coordination, activity planning, production intentions, approvals, tent pole events.
• 3+ years Social Media Visual Content Creation experience across all platforms (1-2 years with strong portfolio also accepted)
• Must present a strong portfolio of prior relevant social media work
• Possess a fluency in Adobe Creative Cloud
• Successful Completion of a drug and background screen
• Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
• Strong photography, videography and graphic design skills (Creative portfolio showcasing content productions across skill-sets and platforms)
• Able to demonstrate a complete fluency in the Adobe Creative Suite
• Familiarity with the culinary arts, baking, creating foodie digital and social content
• Creative talent understanding and adapted to the look & feel of our MWC brands
• Actively engaged in social media trends, with an existing social presence
• Fiercely passionate about all things pop culture
• Real fan of the Mars Wrigley Confectionery brands, with a strong desire to translate that passion into effective, contemporary, iconic and on-brand social content
• Highly motivated and resourceful self-starter, with a can-do attitude that thrives in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
• Comfortable multi-tasking and able to deliver results under pressure and under tight deadlines in an occasionally non-traditional work schedule
• In-depth knowledge, passion for, and understanding of social media platforms at a creative, audience and technical level